Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Indian Motorcycle's Limited Edition Jack Daniel's Bikes Sold Out In A Single Day!

19K views 48 replies 26 participants last post by  Techbrute 
#1 ·

#1 Limited Edition Jack Daniel’s Indian Chief Vintage reserved for charity auction in October

MINNEAPOLIS (March 7, 2016) — Indian Motorcycle, America’s first motorcycle company, is happy to announce that the entire production run of the Limited Edition Jack Daniel’s Indian Springfield and Indian Chief Vintage motorcycle models was sold in just one day.

The individually numbered motorcycles – the first-ever production vehicles to feature Jack Daniel’s livery – became available for purchase on March 4. Created to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Jack Daniel Distillery, which was registered in 1866, these special models were produced in extremely limited numbers that did not exceed 150 total units. Of the 149 units sold, 97 were purchased by customers in the U.S. and 38 found a home with international customers.

The final unsold unit, #1 of the limited edition series, an Indian Chief Vintage version that was the custom painted prototype built by Klock Werks, will be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas on October 6-8 at the Mandalay Bay resort, with all monies from the auction benefitting Operation Ride Home. More information can be found at Barrett-Jackson.com and JDOperationRideHome.com.

Designed in conjunction with Brian Klock and his inspired team at Klock Werks in Mitchell, S.D., the Limited Edition Jack Daniel’s Indian Springfield and Chief Vintage models both feature an array of genuine Indian Motorcycle accessories and custom accessories, as well as Jack Daniel’s-inspired custom paint and logos, badging, leather saddle and saddlebags. Each fender is inscribed with the names of the seven Master Distillers who have overseen the Jack Daniel’s distilling process over its 150-year history, and an inscription of Jack Daniel’s “Bottles and Throttles Don’t Mix” mantra reminds riders that drinking and riding are meant to be enjoyed separately. Both models also come with a custom-printed Jack Daniel’s whiskey barrel top to commemorate each bike, a two-year unlimited mileage factory warranty and free membership in the Indian Motorcycle Riders Group for one year. Each motorcycle will be hand-painted and built, with delivery occurring no later than August 2016.

“We knew that the pairing of Jack Daniel’s and Indian Motorcycles would be popular, but we never expected to get such a tremendous response in such a short time frame,” said Dave Stang, Director of Events & Sponsorships for Jack Daniel’s. “In special recognition of Brian Klock’s contribution to this program and his continuing support of many initiatives in the motorcycle community, Jack Daniel’s and Indian Motorcycle have partnered to give him the last motorcycle of the limited edition run. Brian Klock is now the proud owner of the Jack Daniel’s Indian Springfield #150.”

“The quick sale of these commemorative motorcycles speaks to the enduring appreciation for both the Indian Motorcycle and Jack Daniel’s brands,” said Steve Menneto, President of Motorcycles for Polaris Industries. “These motorcycles will always have a place in history, and will certainly be some of the most treasured of the new models coming out of Spirit Lake, Iowa.”

For more information about Operation Ride Home, or to make a tax-deductible donation, please visit JDOperationRideHome.com. Jack Daniel’s press information can be found at the Jack Daniel’s press room located at www.jdpressroom.com. Learn more about Indian Motorcycle and the 2016 Limited Edition Jack Daniel’s Indian Springfield and Chief Vintage by visiting IndianMotorcycle.com.

ABOUT JACK DANIEL’S

Officially registered by the U.S. government in 1866 and based in Lynchburg, Tenn., the Jack Daniel Distillery, Lem Motlow, proprietor, is the oldest registered distillery in the United States and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Jack Daniel’s is the maker of the world-famous Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey, Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Jack Daniel’s Sinatra Select and Jack Daniel’s Country Cocktails. Jack Daniel’s encourages its friends to drink responsibly and reminds bikers that Bottles and Throttles Don’t Mix.

See less See more
#3 ·
$30k US MSRP

#5 ·
The individual dealers grabbed a lot of these. They are nothing special in terms of performance or upgrades. Paint is ho - hum. BUT ................only 150 made and watch what the one goes for at the Barnett - Jackson auction this fall. I know its charity and all but just watch. To get top dollar out of one of these..............its needs to be not driven which most will not be. Love to have this and pull it out 30 years later.

#7 ·
Well thats why one buys a collectible.............LOL. I had a 71 Super Glide with 700 miles on it. Bought new. Sold last year for 35K and original cost was $2200. So its there. Just get a beater bike for regular stuff. Like this...............my Sportster abortion. It turned out a whopping 48 HP on a dyno run two weeks ago. Ugly, but keeps miles off the Indian on little errands.

Attachments

#8 ·
I know that people buy these "Special Editions" for investments. I just can't see it. Maybe because I'm not willing to dump $30k into a "maybe" and have it take up so much space.

#9 ·
So..............a little math here from my pocket professor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,8 hours they were all gone? Indian them made a cool $4,500.000 at 30K each. Not bad at all here. Wonder what their net 'per bike' is? 10K? Anyone want to take a guess?

#12 ·
It looks like Arlen Ness got the #1 Jack Daniels Springfield bike from Indian based on what I see in their on line listed inventory for sale. Maybe Arlen with all the work they do for the Victory line got first pick? Been to this dealer a few times. Asked if they were going to do any group rides and got a blank stare back.
Indian 2016 Springfield™ Thunder Black

#13 ·
Liqueur Drink Bottle Distilled beverage Alcoholic beverage
If Jack helped you off the bike would you help Jack off the bike? Fitting! I met the remaining owner of Jack Daniels in Wyoming, it's a she and she is the grandaughter. We had a Rally in Evanston,Wyoming " Freedom Rally" in 2003. It was pretty cool,She made us our own barrel and our own bottle each,she was very cool and she had the Jack Daniel girls there too! These sexy ladies were doing an auction for each bottle to Rally participant's. Her and I chatted up a storm. We had a blast too! After that I got on my Skooter and rode off into the sunset and hit Sturgis I believe it was Sturgis best Rally and most people ever as it was Harley's 100th anniversary. T'was a good year for this guy! That November our son was born. Yea!!! If anyone is wondering; yes I've not touched the bottle!

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)

#1 Limited Edition Jack Daniel’s Indian Chief Vintage reserved for charity auction in October

MINNEAPOLIS (March 7, 2016) — Indian Motorcycle, America’s first motorcycle company, is happy to announce that the entire production run of the Limited Edition Jack Daniel’s Indian Springfield and Indian Chief Vintage motorcycle models was sold in just one day.

The individually numbered motorcycles – the first-ever production vehicles to feature Jack Daniel’s livery – became available for purchase on March 4. Created to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Jack Daniel Distillery, which was registered in 1866, these special models were produced in extremely limited numbers that did not exceed 150 total units. Of the 149 units sold, 97 were purchased by customers in the U.S. and 38 found a home with international customers.

The final unsold unit, #1 of the limited edition series, an Indian Chief Vintage version that was the custom painted prototype built by Klock Werks, will be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas on October 6-8 at the Mandalay Bay resort, with all monies from the auction benefitting Operation Ride Home. More information can be found at Barrett-Jackson.com and JDOperationRideHome.com.

Designed in conjunction with Brian Klock and his inspired team at Klock Werks in Mitchell, S.D., the Limited Edition Jack Daniel’s Indian Springfield and Chief Vintage models both feature an array of genuine Indian Motorcycle accessories and custom accessories, as well as Jack Daniel’s-inspired custom paint and logos, badging, leather saddle and saddlebags. Each fender is inscribed with the names of the seven Master Distillers who have overseen the Jack Daniel’s distilling process over its 150-year history, and an inscription of Jack Daniel’s “Bottles and Throttles Don’t Mix” mantra reminds riders that drinking and riding are meant to be enjoyed separately. Both models also come with a custom-printed Jack Daniel’s whiskey barrel top to commemorate each bike, a two-year unlimited mileage factory warranty and free membership in the Indian Motorcycle Riders Group for one year. Each motorcycle will be hand-painted and built, with delivery occurring no later than August 2016.

“We knew that the pairing of Jack Daniel’s and Indian Motorcycles would be popular, but we never expected to get such a tremendous response in such a short time frame,” said Dave Stang, Director of Events & Sponsorships for Jack Daniel’s. “In special recognition of Brian Klock’s contribution to this program and his continuing support of many initiatives in the motorcycle community, Jack Daniel’s and Indian Motorcycle have partnered to give him the last motorcycle of the limited edition run. Brian Klock is now the proud owner of the Jack Daniel’s Indian Springfield #150.”

“The quick sale of these commemorative motorcycles speaks to the enduring appreciation for both the Indian Motorcycle and Jack Daniel’s brands,” said Steve Menneto, President of Motorcycles for Polaris Industries. “These motorcycles will always have a place in history, and will certainly be some of the most treasured of the new models coming out of Spirit Lake, Iowa.”

For more information about Operation Ride Home, or to make a tax-deductible donation, please visit JDOperationRideHome.com. Jack Daniel’s press information can be found at the Jack Daniel’s press room located at www.jdpressroom.com. Learn more about Indian Motorcycle and the 2016 Limited Edition Jack Daniel’s Indian Springfield and Chief Vintage by visiting IndianMotorcycle.com.

ABOUT JACK DANIEL’S

Officially registered by the U.S. government in 1866 and based in Lynchburg, Tenn., the Jack Daniel Distillery, Lem Motlow, proprietor, is the oldest registered distillery in the United States and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Jack Daniel’s is the maker of the world-famous Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey, Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Jack Daniel’s Sinatra Select and Jack Daniel’s Country Cocktails. Jack Daniel’s encourages its friends to drink responsibly and reminds bikers that Bottles and Throttles Don’t Mix.
I bought # 125 two months ago and I will put miles on it. It is a great ride. I never thought I would own an Indian never considered it an option. I always rode Harley's. Then it happened. While on a Veterans poker run the new Indian dealer (opened for about a year and a half) was one of the stops. So i figured it was time to finally go into the place and have a brief look around. Huge mistake on my part (not really) and I saw it sitting on prominent display still in the crate. It looked like a piece of jewelry. I walk over to it promptly took the "DO NOT SIT ON THIS MOTORCYCLE" sign off and climbed aboard. WOW amazed I was. It fit like a glove and more like it was designed for me in mind. I'm all of 5'5" and weigh about 155 lbs. (I lie about the last inch of my height due to my boots" At that point I had to take a Springfield out for a test ride. That did it. After a few days of negotiations we came to terms and the 2015 Ultra LOW was gone and I was gone on my new Indian Springfield #125 Old No.7 which will be ridden daily. At my age I'm not saving a motorcycle I truly enjoy and love riding for an increase in value in the future. I rode Harley Deluxe's for years then tried the Street Glide, then the Ultra Low looking for comfort and performance like what I remembered of years gone past. I found it in the Springfield. I was never a Harley snob and I won't be an Indian snob either but am encouraging all my friends to go and test ride an Indian. No vibration, great throttle response, comfortable flat footed operation and handling is a dream. Easy removal and reassembly of components for cleaning purposes. I couldn't be happier had first service at 500 miles and now about to click 1000.

#26 ·
[QUOTE: one thing's for sure, I won't stop riding it! Almost 4000 miles this year alone. Alone eh? Well you should find a friend and ride together, sometimes it's fun with others or at least one other rider! Ron
Thanks kind-of funny!!! My husband and I ride together, and we have a riding group plus I ride with the DE Biker Chicks too. But I am in the service and working in DC, and my bike is in DE. So 4000 since March, when I don't have access to it much is pretty good, I think. [emoji6]. I didn't get to do any of the longer rides that our friends did, but we had a great summer!

Reactions: '16 Grace
#28 ·
I feel that way about my Scout. I am getting a custom paint job and then the final touches this winter but one thing's for sure, I won't stop riding it! Almost 4000 miles this year alone!
Good for you! My wife rides her own and we do a good many road trips together and ride with various groups in our area so our bikes get quite a few miles on them in short order. I just clicked 1K in my first month on the Old No.7 Springfield. :D

#30 ·
Hope you guys have the Indian MC Pow-wow in Chiefland, FL on your calendar for 20-22 March 2017! We are trailering down from DE to Daytona and then over to Chiefland. It will be nice to meet some of the people who we chat with on here!

#29 · (Edited)
After seeing Harley Davidson's retail prices for their CVO bikes ( $30k - $40k), the Jack Daniel bikes seem like a steal to me. But I might be a little partial towards Indians. I was at my dealer the morning of the release getting service done, he asked me if I wanted one and I passed. Kicking myself in the butt for not pulling the trigger on the Springfield JD. Day late dollar short, story of my life. Oh well maybe next time, if there is a next time.

#34 ·
#35 ·
It's a nice bike. But not that nice. It's great marketing. There must be something that happens when people see the words "limited edition". People tend to want it more thinking it will only appreciate in value. As if they are holding the winning lottery ticket.
Even if I had the money for this bike. I could not put it under glass, pull up a seat and look at it. Saying to myself I'm glad I bought this. I must be old fashion. I would ride it till I'm dead and let the person after me restore it.
Just some ramblings from a dumb truck driver

#36 ·
Yep, bought mine to ride and enjoy bout to click 5k now. I'm soon to be 66 years old so I definitely didn't buy it to keep it under lock and key put away in a dark corner of a garage but to ride baby, yeah ride. Let's roll. heading to Texas in a few weeks.

#38 ·
So then because of a whiskey theme, it caught you guy's undivided attention and thats what memorized you to buy this? And just ride it? Why not a cheaper version of the same thing, LOL? You realize what you paid for yet? Its not a CVO type model with upgrades from Indian to the engine or frame. Its a whiskey themed bike that went for big money and yeah, in 20 years these will bring more money if kept pristine............but sounds like you bought the bike for the wrong reason with the Chief Elite coming out and all. Yes?

#39 · (Edited)
Extremely happy with my purchase. And the only reason why I bought it was because I wanted one. Could care less what it's worth in 20 years. I live and enjoy the present, not living for what could be in 20 years. BTW I have a Jack Daniel Chieftain on order and will be driving that one to. The Elite is a beautiful bike, but figured why not have two Jack Daniel bikes. They make for great book ends when I'm not riding them.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.