Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Founding member / distinguished
5,353 Posts
There are YouTube videos of this being built, it is quite new, not "1951". It has nothing to do with Indian motorcycles.

This image, and the myth of it's origin has been circulating for some time.

It's a great 'build' by a very talented guy (who never claimed it was something other than his own creation, other dumbasses invented that part), but it is not old, or Indian.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Typical of FAKEbook. Can't stand the narcissistic site myself.

Look at me. Im going shopping....etc

People washing their dirty laundry in public. Then complain about privacy. Lol

·
Silver member
5,050 Posts
I actually like it; it's pretty cool. I like the little Indian figure on the front of it as well..lol

·
5,353 Posts
I suspect that the claim that the mower was an Indian product from 1951 is a fairly recent development'. I've seen numerous images of the mower over the past several years, and up until about a week ago, I had never seen it associated with Indian or 1951. Someone pulled that BS out of their ass so recently that it still smells like warm poo.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
I suspect that the claim that the mower was an Indian product from 1951 is a fairly recent development'. I've seen numerous images of the mower over the past several years, and up until about a week ago, I had never seen it associated with Indian or 1951. Someone pulled that BS out of their ass so recently that it still smells like warm poo.
My sister sent that image to me from Fakebook about a year and a half ago with the same claim.
Indian was involved with mowers but it was the gang mowers you see various DOT state agencies you see using them on the medians of state and Interstate highways. I think Worthington???

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
In 1928 the company introduced the triplex Overgreen mower, powered by an engine made for them by the Indian Motocycle Company of Springfield, Massachusetts. The next year they began using engines made specially for them by the Harley Davidson Motor Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.[7] In the late 1930s, Worthington produced the Model C using a Chrysler six-cylinder engine and transmission and axles from the Dodge pick-up

·
Registered
281 Posts
Indian made a bunch of non motorcycle things, snowmobiles and outboard motors.they were on display at the old museum in springfield, which closed in 2004....i dont remember the lawn mower

·
5,353 Posts
Indian should buy the rights to make and market the mower, or something very close to it. It is a great piece of industrial art, and if Indian could resist pricing it under say.....$8000 or so, I could see myself buying one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, dude. Frankly speaking, the robot lawn mower is a very good product. The last thing, which made me bought it, was the article, where it was written a lot about them, click here to learn more. This has taken away 99% of the work of cutting the lawn. All I have to It cuts the grass around the very edge which now takes minutes. If you have a fast growing lawn that you have to cut every 7-14 days and it takes you an hour or more and don't like the task, this is for you! It even has multiple zone support, so I can take it out of the back and put it on the front lawn, press go and away it goes cutting until the batty dies then you just put it back on the dock. Brilliant!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts