Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of today's announcement that Polaris will be acquiring Indian Motorcycles, I thought it would be appropriate to post a few videos of various Indian reviews. This one is from The Throttle Jockey from the LA Times and highlights a 2009 Indian Chief Vintage:

[video]975[/video]

Here's one from MotoUSA highlighting the 2010 Indian Chief Roadmaster:

[video]976[/video]

And, here's one from an Los Angeles Dealership that shows a few different models:

[video]977[/video]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That first video is my girlfriend from the LA Times. (I wish)

She is very friendly, very married, and answers her Emails.
We had quite a few conversations about Victory Motorcycles a few years back.
She sure does look HOT in leathers. :tongue_smilie:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't buy a Harley at those prices and would steer clear of Indian's if they were priced the same. I hope Polaris knows what their doing.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really never saw the appeal in the styling of Indians, just being honest here. There is way too much body area on them for me, making them look heavy, boxey and sluggish. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw my first kingpin 8ball and it was exactly what I had in mind: a bike that held a balance between a classic look with a progressive and modern styling. Harley's, don't even get me started on it being 2011 and they still design bikes with side-mounted springs, claiming it is a 'classic' look. Indians may be someone's dream bike and that is really great. Seeing these videos just makes me thankful that I made the perfect decision for myself in getting my kingpin.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indian makes no apologies for being a tribute to the past. I see Indian much like I see a limited production, high end car manufacturer....think about when Ford bought Jaguar....but on a much smaller scale and lower technology level. If you look at what Ford did right (and what they did wrong) you can get a quick idea of where this acquisition could lead.

I hope that after watching those videos that people now understand you probably won't see the Freedom motor in the Indians any time soon. Polaris/Victory will be able to put a lot of the invisible technology into the bikes, but trying to turn an Indian into a Victory would be Brand-suicide.

Polaris has the ability to significantly reduce the overall operating costs within the Brand, and that is why Indian could never succeed as a stand-alone company for very long in this economy.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Indian makes no apologies for being a tribute to the past. I see Indian much like I see a limited production, high end car manufacturer....think about when Ford bought Jaguar....but on a much smaller scale and lower technology level. If you look at what Ford did right (and what they did wrong) you can get a quick idea of where this acquisition could lead.

I hope that after watching those videos that people now understand you probably won't see the Freedom motor in the Indians any time soon. Polaris/Victory will be able to put a lot of the invisible technology into the bikes, but trying to turn an Indian into a Victory would be Brand-suicide.

Polaris has the ability to significantly reduce the overall operating costs within the Brand, and that is why Indian could never succeed as a stand-alone company for very long in this economy.
I agree 100%.
Now that Victory has cratered, Indian can't be far behind.

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
What the heck Big Daddy. You resurrected another ancient thread. That was almost 6 years ago?
Why are you doing this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts