Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click the link for the article ^

If you have been waiting for Indian Motorcycle ads, you're in luck. I guess starting today Indian will start an ambitious ad campaign. I'm looking forward to seeing the new ads.I hope they're good. I'm not sure about the timing though, it may soon be Spring but this virus is keeping everyone indoors :(

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wear gloves and do some good solo riding and the virus will be a mute issue on a bike imo
I'm just wondering if people will be buying motorcycles. The economy seems to be taking a downturn with the social isolation.

·
Banned
4,926 Posts
Good for I/P. I've mentioned several times on this site that I/P doesn't advertise Indian enough, if at all. Thing is though, their new Challenger has had some challenges. Best to get that straightened out before the seemingly aggressive add campaign, no? If Joe MC buyer hops on a Challenger and gets stuck at a traffic light, the dealer might end up having to sell their demo Harley ;)

No I'm not bashing Indian. Butt go ahead and throw stones :sneaky:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm just wondering if people will be buying motorcycles. The economy seems to be taking a downturn with the social isolation.
likely not but im more then sure this plan was in place long before this started. just happens to be really horrible timing for them and more then likely to late to pull out of the deal without just giving up all the money they spent.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good for I/P. I've mentioned several times on this site that I/P doesn't advertise Indian enough, if at all. Thing is though, their new Challenger has had some challenges. Best to get that straightened out before the seemingly aggressive add campaign, no? If Joe MC buyer hops on a Challenger and gets stuck at a traffic light, the dealer might end up having to sell their demo Harley ;)

No I'm not bashing Indian. Butt go ahead and throw stones :sneaky:
I test ride a Challenger. It was a great ride. Hopefully they are all like that.

·
Banned
4,926 Posts
Actually with the feds dropping interest rates it might get some people off the fence. It's actually a good time to buy.
I agree, if you're going to finance a bike. I never have, but then I've never bought a brand new MC. Cash paid for a gently used and not abused has been the route I have gone with for the last 50 or so years, and I'll do the same for the next 50 or so LOL.

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
Like others said worst scenario, economy will tank, already too late to save it. This will be Indian's worst year most likley.

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
Click the link for the article ^

If you have been waiting for Indian Motorcycle ads, you're in luck. I guess starting today Indian will start an ambitious ad campaign. I'm looking forward to seeing the new ads.I hope they're good. I'm not sure about the timing though, it may soon be Spring but this virus is keeping everyone indoors :(

These were supposed to debut on with March Madness and NBA games. But now being changed.

·
Bronze member
2,003 Posts
Early yesterday morning, I think it was MeTV during the old I Love Lucy show, I saw the Indian commercial.
”Choose wisely”
Thought I was imagining it.

No matter what goes on with the current state of affairs Indian just might get into the psyche of their target audience.

Reactions: VicTim

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
Indian Polaris may pull back from this for several reasons.

1. It may be viewed as bad taste during the Virus which could turn off new customers as "more important issues at hand"
2. It will be ineffective as people have their minds on the virus and the economic impact.

·
Senior member / rider
1,273 Posts
I posted this a couple of days ago, but the link displayed as Are you a robot! It would have scared me off...

Edit: just watched the ad. Since 1901...hmmm. Maybe “beginning in 1901”? Just kidding, really, just stirring the Corona pot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Indian Polaris may pull back from this for several reasons.

1. It may be viewed as bad taste during the Virus which could turn off new customers as "more important issues at hand"
2. It will be ineffective as people have their minds on the virus and the economic impact.
Several or two (which are really the same reason...just worded differently)? Media buys are placed, production is done, yet you suggest they just pull their marketing? Would you suggest that all of the car companies, clothing companies, tech companies, etc. also pull their advertising just because of “bad taste” and/or “ineffective.” Doesn’t make sense - I welcome it as nice distraction.

Don’t forget to head over to the local HD boards and say the same about their recent creative endeavors done by Droga5.?

·
Rider
556 Posts
I agree, if you're going to finance a bike. I never have, but then I've never bought a brand new MC. Cash paid for a gently used and not abused has been the route I have gone with for the last 50 or so years, and I'll do the same for the next 50 or so LOL.
The only thing is you need someone to buy new ones for you to buy used ones... If everyone followed that moto there wouldn't be any motorcycle companies to buy from. When bikes are going for 20k plus people are going to have to finance. Most people don't sit on 20-30k to drop on a bike.

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
Several or two (which are really the same reason...just worded differently)? Media buys are placed, production is done, yet you suggest they just pull their marketing? Would you suggest that all of the car companies, clothing companies, tech companies, etc. also pull their advertising just because of “bad taste” and/or “ineffective.” Doesn’t make sense - I welcome it as nice distraction.

Don’t forget to head over to the local HD boards and say the same about their recent creative endeavors done by Droga5.?
Thats up to them but. We will see.

Companies have pulled marketing in the
past.
Sometimes better to eat the cost of not airing them than potentially damage the brand. Remember it’s new riders Indian needs, new to the brand as the current buyers are aging out.

I think it is a rock and hard place

but they have the commercials and could air them later

·
Bronze member
2,632 Posts
The timing is less than optimal. Economic uncertainly causes people not to spend money & I’m afraid we’re headed to a worldwide recession. On the other hand, interest rates should be super low, I just dont think that'll be enough to counter a down economy.

·
Rider
1,031 Posts
Looking forward to the new Indian ad campaign, sales of Indian will splump like every other vehicle maker, so it does make sense.

I'm buying my split level duplex next month, nice to see rates are low. I am going to continue to ride my Chieftain, be cautious but not fearful...fear is a LIAR!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts