Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Is anyone in a group? Or starting a chapter? We are exploring the idea in San Diego and are looking to hear about people's experiences.
Thanks for reading.
Dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
Would like one here in North Georgia too. There are 3 Indian riders in this area. we are 81 miles from dealer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are some perks to be had from the company.Indian Motorcycles : ClubsObviously they want their brand represented well. They require 8 group rides a year. You need three positions to be filled in order to create a chapter.

1) President
2) Vice-President
3) Secretary or treasurer

There are many more positions as well. Membership doesn't have to include strictly Indian owners. I "borrowed" this from the website (read Below). I have been riding with several motorcycle groups from the meetup website. I think it would be fun to have an Indian group.
[h=1]Membership Types[/h]We have three membership levels designed to fit your riding lifestyle.

[h=3]Inaugural Membership[/h]Inaugural membership is a complimentary one-year membership given to those who purchase a current year, new Indian Motorcycle[SUP]®[/SUP]. This entitles the member to all the benefits and services of the Indian Motorcycle Riders Group[SUP][/SUP]. After one year, the Inaugural Member will need to renew their membership and become a Hendee member.

[h=3]Hendee Membership[/h]Hendee membership is ideal for an Indian Motorcycle[SUP]®[/SUP] owner and Indian Motorcycle[SUP]®[/SUP] passengers. The Hendee Membership provides the rider and/or passenger with all the benefits and services of being a part of the Indian Motorcycle[SUP]®[/SUP] Riders Group[SUP][/SUP].

[h=3]Hedstrom Membership[/h]The Hedstrom Membership is designed for non-Indian Motorcycle[SUP]®[/SUP] owners who want to ride and be a part of the Indian Motorcycle Riders Group[SUP][/SUP] community.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Well I belong to the one here near Green Bay wi. Have only gone on two runs with them so far and will lead one next weekend. We usually go for about a 100+ to 200 mile ride and then have lunch somewhere in between. We usually have a meeting before to see who is onboard which is usually followed by another meal, geez is that all we do is eat ! We are all older 50+ I wonder what the demographics are for Indian owners ? We have not discussed yet what kind of business we want to get into (meth distribution, prostitution, gun running, protection or chop shop) Haven't had any trouble with the Mayans yet. I like to joke around. My dealer has been very instrumental in helping us, I know it costs money, but he paid the first year for us. Hope this helped somehow

Reactions: croaker2525

·
Registered
733 Posts
Perhaps the best approach for now might be the dealers keeping track of the "Inaugural Memberships" and as those numbers grow local chapters could be spun off. I just don't think most areas have riders in sufficient numbers to support a successful group. I should think groups between 10 and 20 could then attract enough interest from other brand riders to join in and aventually switch to the first american brand and ride happily ever after.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
The problem with dealers for some of us is I have to ride 1.5 hours to get where they start their rides (at the dealership). I plan to try to start a group in southern CO in the Spring. All are welcome

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hello,
Is anyone in a group? Or starting a chapter? We are exploring the idea in San Diego and are looking to hear about people's experiences.
Thanks for reading.
Dave
I'd love to see a SoCal group get started. Although as someone else said, some of us have a long drive to reach a dealership. For me the closest is about 2 hrs away. Makes it hard to attend a meeting or go on a ride that is based at the dealership. Given the presumably low number of Indian owners and few and far between dealerships it seems like it will be difficult to get something up and going.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Back when I was riding a Honda ST1300 I belonged to a fraternity of ST riders, generally associated around a forum (ST-Owners.com). This was a great group of guys and gals and we would regularly organize RTE's (Ride To Eat), opportunities to associate over a burger or steak at some particularl culinary venue. There were other gatherings to share technical expertise, tire changes, valve checks and the like. It was not uncommon to ride a couple of hundred miles for one of these events, turn around and ride a couple of hundred back home - some much further than that.

My point is this: It is supposed to be all about the ride. I wouldn't hesitate to ride 2 hours (or more) for an opportunity to socialize with people of like mind. The Indian becomes the commonality that draws people near and far. I still join that ST group on occasion and there's always joy in anticipation and the ride. This is how I manage 12,000-15,000 miles per year.

Don't stress over the distance, embrace it! It's an opportunity for some two-wheeled therapy.

Steve

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
A surprise arrived in the mail today.... my Welcome Pack for the INDIAN MOTORCYCLE RIDERS GROUP!

It included an Indian T shirt, metal membership badge, two different cloth membership patches, a membership card embossed with name and membership details, and a desk clock which is a replica of the bike's tank with the clock mounted in the instrument panel.

All FREE!

How good is that?
image.jpg

·
Registered
448 Posts
A surprise arrived in the mail today.... my Welcome Pack for the INDIAN MOTORCYCLE RIDERS GROUP!

It included an Indian T shirt, metal membership badge, two different cloth membership patches, a membership card embossed with name and membership details, and a desk clock which is a replica of the bike's tank with the clock mounted in the instrument panel.

All FREE!

How good is that?
View attachment 6483
But the shirt says 'AUSTRALIA' on it. Is that in Texas? :confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I copied this from the IMRG registration site.
"Currently accepting memberships in the US and Canada only. We are working on expanding the riders group to other countries and will send out a communication when have a group in your country." I guess Australia is in Texas......or somewhere in North America.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I copied this from the IMRG registration site.
"Currently accepting memberships in the US and Canada only. We are working on expanding the riders group to other countries and will send out a communication when have a group in your country." I guess Australia is in Texas......or somewhere in North America.
Been to both places and many parts look the same at least!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Last time I checked Australia was jammed between Pacific and Indian oceans,,,, a loooooong way from Texas

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I've got one started up in Santa Barbara County (see sig below). It take a long time for Indian to get all the info out. You can request starting a chapter on the IMRG web site section of the main Indian site.

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
Why start one in San Diego? Why not one in the OC?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I thought the IMRG chapters had to be started with a dealership's support. Or did that change? OC is an hour + away from me. SD is 2+ hours.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts