Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was there yesterday.....the XPipe looks good very good quality. But the sales guy there was talking about some serious performance Heads...can't wait to see what that's all about.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Well I was there yesterday.....the XPipe looks good very good quality. But the sales guy there was talking about some serious performance Heads...can't wait to see what that's all about.
Guys name is Todd-- they are having their own heads developed as we speak, going to be a couple months before commercial production. Have their own dyno as well and do some great tuning and custom paint as well.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,217 Posts
I've heard nothing but great reviews of the Indian Motorcycle of Libertyville XPIPE.
Check this out Indian Motorcycle of Libertyville IL
I wish I had gone this route. I put on the Jackpot header last year. I do like it but it pushes most of the exhaust out the right pipe. At least with this design the flow is more balanced out both pipes. Not sure if it make a performance difference or not. Dean

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've heard nothing but great reviews of the Indian Motorcycle of Libertyville XPIPE.
Check this out Indian Motorcycle of Libertyville IL
I live local and had Libertyville install the pipe on my bike about a month ago and it really woke up the sound of my Freedom Performance slip ons. I'm sure I've have gained some power over the stock pipe as well. Libertyville has some really good people working there. I'm happy!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check out this Pipe endorsement by "Those dyne Guys". Those Dyno Guys
I don't see any endorsement other than they were sent and installed a free xpipe, which they said reduced heat. I assume that since that do not advertise any dyno results, the increase must be minimal like fuelmotos. I am in favor of installing something that removes that cat to reduce the heat, so this is an option for me.

·
Bronze member
1,257 Posts
They were closed yesterday. That is what the email said. I have requested info on the x-pipe. I want to know how much it is going to cost me and if I can get one to replace the cat.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I wish I had gone this route. I put on the Jackpot header last year. I do like it but it pushes most of the exhaust out the right pipe. At least with this design the flow is more balanced out both pipes. Not sure if it make a performance difference or not. Dean
The Jackpot (and just about every other 2-1-2 pipe) will push more air out of the right at idle. There is some resistance at the crossover, the exhaust just takes the path of least resistance and the shortest route. I agree, at idle probably 80% of the exhaust comes out of the right side. I'd be interested to see how it comes out at 3000 rpm. My guess is that the increased pressure levels out the 2 pipes somewhat.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,217 Posts
The Jackpot (and just about every other 2-1-2 pipe) will push more air out of the right at idle. There is some resistance at the crossover, the exhaust just takes the path of least resistance and the shortest route. I agree, at idle probably 80% of the exhaust comes out of the right side. I'd be interested to see how it comes out at 3000 rpm. My guess is that the increased pressure levels out the 2 pipes somewhat.
Someone put out a video on the difference in the heat between the two pipes on the Jackpot. The problem with the Jackpot is it is two into one then has a crossover pipe attached to the side for the dual exhaust. This pipe crosses and goes right back into dual pipes again. Big difference then adding a side pipe to basically a two into one design. D

·
Bronze member
1,257 Posts
I got my new X-Pipe from Liberty last Wed. I started to work replacing the CAT Friday night after work and finished the installation Saturday afternoon. I am happy so far. MotoFuel sent me and updated tune and I am even happier. Little on the Expensive side for a cheap bastard like me though. Installation was a pain in the rear. Indian was designed by engineers and as such the installation was like deconstructing a puzzle and then putting in the new piece and make it all fit back. Had I not had an exhaust expanded it was have been a little harder. I did not realize the Indian exhaust tubing was as robust as it is. I have always had HDs and some of the cheap exhaust tubing they had so this was a first of being overly excited to see some of the quality built in. Heavy walled mandrel bent tubing it appeared to be ceramic coated as well. The hardest part was getting the CAT removed from everything. Took my time and Still the front Exhaust Chrome didn't line up the way I would like but then as tight as the tolerances were I cannot say that I got the front pipe fully seated. Installation completed I put in the new Tune Map and took a short test ride. New tire and exhaust, had to test it before I took the Wife out on a ride. Boy what a difference the combo made. MPG jumped from 38 to 41 and Dixie Ran like a raped Ape and the wife is very happy with the reduced right leg temp. She said her right leg and foot never got hot like before. After an hour and a half she never complained and said it was rather pleasant actually, this time around. She had said a couple things in the past why it was so hot on the right side. I never thought the CAT would add that much heat to her. I thought it was more engine heat. I had read on numerous post where de-Catting reduced heat but I would have never thought it would be as much as it was. So far it was a little tinny until everything seated and the tinny sound went away. So far very happy and please I spent the money. Looking for a good summer in Louisiana temps this year.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
I have experimented with the IPS X-pipe from Libertyville. Quality of their design and manufacturing is excellent... install is not nearly as easy when trying to completely seal your exhaust system. Mine took 2 trials to get it sealed, to the dismay of the installation tech, and required use of hi-temp sealer on ALL joints to get it done. The connections to rear header pipe are just a bit tricky as far as the seal goes. As far as the performance and sound goes... no noticeable difference in performance and if compared to Freedom Duals, the sound on mine at certain rpms gets just a little bit tinny in resonance. V&H turn downs are installed on the bike. I am mostly satisfied with the product but until someone shows favorable true comparison dyno numbers, I would stick with Freedom Duals.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Installed the X-Pipe Friday, it was a piece of cake, however, the SF only had 10 miles on it.
Everything came apart and re-assembly was good. I like the sound with the V&H Classics.
Had no exhaust leaks, I pressure tested the system before assembly. Since I did not ride the bike before the modification, the difference in heat is an unknown, but I feel no heat on the right side........

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.