Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who's genius idea it was to hold a national Indian Event in a place that has NO Indian dealers anywhere close. Looked to plan the trip and rent a bike. The ONLY local dealership in the area of the event is a Harley Dealer. Closest Indian dealer 4 hours away.

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
Perhaps it's better to understand the reasoning and the group that started it, rather than whine about location. It is an IIRA sponsored event, now in it's 4th year. And it isn't a "national" event. Go to Iron Indian Riders Assocaition to learn more.

·
Administrator
15,430 Posts
Why not ride your bike there? Just curious...

And it’s a regional event — not a national one. Most riders come from the four-state area around (ironically) the “four corner” area where the event is held. And many from that four-hour ride where the dealerships are (Denver metro).

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Closest dealer would be Albuquerque at about 215 miles.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wondering who's genius idea it was to hold a national Indian Event in a place that has NO Indian dealers anywhere close. Looked to plan the trip and rent a bike. The ONLY local dealership in the area of the event is a Harley Dealer. Closest Indian dealer 4 hours away.
Was misinformed on the type of event. Hope to see a regional one in my area at some point.

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
Was misinformed on the type of event. Hope to see a regional one in my area at some point.
And what area would that be? If folks knew where, maybe they could help.
I am putting together an Indian Motorcycle Pow Wow June 18-21. It will be held in Maggie Valley, NC. Keep an eye out on this forum for details to be published in a few days.

·
Founding member
1,005 Posts
I've ridden the Durango area a good number of times and rode out to the 2016 gathering. Great riding country, particularly when hundreds of Indian motorcycles are riding the area. :)

·
Bronze member
3,395 Posts
Coming from a small state, it would seem in Colorado, everything is 200 miles away. Which is great for riding. 200 miles in MA and you've gone from the coast to NY.
I can leave my house and ride oil roads in a circle on the edge of my county and put on 130miles

·
Bronze member
1,768 Posts
And what area would that be? If folks knew where, maybe they could help.
I am putting together an Indian Motorcycle Pow Wow June 18-21. It will be held in Maggie Valley, NC. Keep an eye out on this forum for details to be published in a few days.
Unfortunately for me, that is Laconia Bike Week. This is one of the years that it is the 3rd week of June. It always ends on Father's Day. I love Maggie Valley and the Smokies.

·
Rider
798 Posts
I didn’t see anyone post but there is a dealer now in Grand Junction, a couple hours away. The ride and area are so awesome with or without a dealer.

·
Founding member
1,505 Posts
Perhaps it's better to understand the reasoning and the group that started it, rather than whine about location. It is an IIRA sponsored event, now in it's 4th year. And it isn't a "national" event. Go to Iron Indian Riders Assocaition to learn more.
This is not an IIRA event. They went to Durango and had a reunion for several years,but it was moved last year to Kerrville, TX and this year the reunion will be in Lebanon, MO. This event has been being sponsored in the past by several IMRG groups and the dealer at Albuquerque and perhaps others have been involved.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I didn’t see anyone post but there is a dealer now in Grand Junction, a couple hours away. The ride and area are so awesome with or without a dealer.
I have not heard of one in Grand Junction. There is a new one in Colorado Springs. One in Pueblo, 2 in Denver, 1 in Ft Collins. That's all I know of. Maybe @HINK would know of another. If there is it would be 167 miles. However, they are very nice miles....

·
Administrator
15,430 Posts
I have not heard of one in Grand Junction. There is a new one in Colorado Springs. One in Pueblo, 2 in Denver, 1 in Ft Collins. That's all I know of. Maybe @HINK would know of another. If there is it would be 167 miles. However, they are very nice miles....
Nope — think ya covered em all. I was unaware of the one in Grand Jct but that would be a straight shot up Hwy550 and some of the most beeyootiful country in our state. Love that ride!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts