Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Administrator
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IndianMotorcycles.net is for discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and builds for all Indian Motorcycle models.

If you own an Indian Motorcycle and require customer support, please reach out to the official Indian Motorcycle company via their customer service page found here:
Email Support - Customer Service | Indian Motorcycle
or give them a call at (877) 204-3697, Monday - Friday, 7 am - 7 pm CST.

· Premium Member
2016 Indian Scout 69
33 Posts
Went to my local Indian (nearest to me) dealership last week here in Houston, to check out some apparel. After a few min looking around at some jackets and shirts I couldn't find a price on anything. Thought I was just not seeing them. I asked my wife if she could find prices on anything? Helmets, clothing, parts ? Nope. Not one item priced. Finally found a very nice salesmen and asked him about it. He said that they did not put prices on items and that if I needed to know the prices I would have to take whatever it was to the parts counter. Huh ??? Seriously wtf? Is this a common practice at all Indian dealerships or just this one ? Strangest thing I've ever seen at a retail dealership of any kind. Needless to say I didn't purchase anything. Im sorry, but I need items I'm contemplating on purchasing to be priced.

· Registered
2022 Springfield 111 Black & Tan
510 Posts
I would take arm loads of their crap to the counter then just leave it there(oh,sorry.I got a phone call & I gotta go).Also,mention the same stuff is sold on line with prices and you can save some gas.Less work plus,no assholes to deal with.🤡
In Arizona the shops have to put the price of the motorcycle on it somewhere .Usually on the headlight.It is the law here.I have not noticed items here without having a price.

· Registered
906 Posts
Went to my local Indian (nearest to me) dealership last week here in Houston, to check out some apparel. After a few min looking around at some jackets and shirts I couldn't find a price on anything. Thought I was just not seeing them. I asked my wife if she could find prices on anything? Helmets, clothing, parts ? Nope. Not one item priced. Finally found a very nice salesmen and asked him about it. He said that they did not put prices on items and that if I needed to know the prices I would have to take whatever it was to the parts counter. Huh ??? Seriously wtf? Is this a common practice at all Indian dealerships or just this one ? Strangest thing I've ever seen at a retail dealership of any kind. Needless to say I didn't purchase anything. Im sorry, but I need items I'm contemplating on purchasing to be priced.
Heh. I would have loaded up my arms until I could barely walk and taken all of it to the parts counter and asked them to price it.

· Registered
To many
87 Posts
You are going to see more and more of it. Years ago, you could go on a dealer site and see the price on a bike. Now you have to request it Some mail order companies went under because they would sell it for the price they had listed on the site have it drop shipped and it ended up costing them more than what they sold it for. Now a days you have to stay on top of it other than take you won't be around long.

· Silver member
5,910 Posts
I buy riding cloths/gear that I like. It's very rare that I buy Indian or Harley badged clothing, don't need my pirate outfit to match the brand of bike I ride.

· Registered
Roadmaster Darkhorse
177 Posts
How much of this (not posting prices) is inflation related? Prices going up or USD value going down faster than we want to admit. I have come across quite a few truck service centers that used to have the service prices listed on a wall or flat screen, but not anymore. In asking about why, price instability due to inflation and supply was the answer.

· Registered
1,092 Posts
No, I never heard of that either. IMHO, that's not the way to sell apparel. But...., my Harley days convinced me I can't afford HD or Indian branded apparel so I don't even look at their offerings. I mean, whatever they are selling I can buy the same or better apparel without the brand on it a lot cheaper elsewhere. But around last March or April I was in my Indian dealer's place and from across the room I saw a big SALE sign on a couple of racks of coats/jackets so I went over and looked. I ended up buying a jacket that their website says is priced at $249, plus tax. It was on sale, and my salesgirl whipped out a $20 off coupon she had been hoarding for her customers. So, I was able to buy that jacket, including tax, for $167. Had it been necessary for me to take the jacket to the parts counter to find out the price I would not have bothered.

· Registered
68 Posts
That is strange. You and your wife needed to take a bunch of stuff To the counter and price check it. If it was to much then walk away and say thank you. If many people do that they will get tired of putting things back and will put the price on it.

· Registered
127 Posts
Ridiculous! Everything motorcycle related has a huge profit margin already!
T shirt = $15, place a motorcycle company logo on it and BAM! now it's $50
My dealership has prices on the items and they also have a discount rack. It's mostly odd sizes or discontinued item but I get lucky sometimes.
I believe any dealership that does not list prices will lose sales! A large percentage of the consumers will be annoyed (as I would) and just walk away.

· Registered
2021 Springfield Dark Horse
636 Posts
" That is strange. You and your wife needed to take a bunch of stuff To the counter and price check it. If it was to much then walk away and say thank you. If many people do that they will get tired of putting things back and will put the price on it. "

THIS!!!
I agree with this and the other peoples suggestions at similar actions. Great ideas!!! Wish I had thought of it. If I ever run in to a similar situation I will do just that!

And to the bloke who says that the trucking industry doesn't list their prices on a screen anymore..... that is completely different since their cost change by the hour almost what with fuel prices, and other restrictions being imposed and taken away depending on location and so forth. An article of clothing that has been bought and paid for, sitting on a hangar is not going to be subject to the same kind of inflationary fluctuations.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.