1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Scout bobber 2020
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

Just got my scout bobber.
I was wondering if it is worth getting the OEM handlebars from the scout bobber twenty together with OEM extended reach footcontrol brackets.

My goal is better comfort, I feel a bit folded together when riding 30min+. I am 182cm.

Do you guys have any experience with the OEM stuff or alternatives.

Kian

·
Registered
Thunder Black non ABS Indian Scout Bobber 20
127 Posts
Mine is all OEM except the luggage rack . The taller bars will sit you up straight and the floorboards are more comfortable than the pegs I think . But you will need a longer clutch cable and a longer brake line and don't know if you need the wires longer . It's all doable but the cost will probably put you in the bobber 20 range if you have the manufacturer do it and you don't get the spoke rims

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello all.

I was wondering if it is worth getting the OEM handlebars from the scout bobber twenty together with OEM extended reach footcontrol brackets.

My goal is better comfort, I feel a bit folded together when riding 30min+. I am 182cm.

Kian
Honestly there are some better deals on high quality aftermarket. Check KST customs to see if they might have some bars you like, I'm not too sure about other companies. These guys have some killer bars for challengers, 111s, and Harleys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all.

Kian
I have a regular Scout (not a bobber) and had the dealership put the mini apes and extended foot controls on after I had the bike for several months. I road two hours home, and it was a night and day difference. It took a little time to get used to the apes (not terribly long, but I thought I made a mistake at first), but my back feels much better. The extra room for my legs was much needed also since I'm 6'4". For me it was definitely worth the change.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Haven't used OEM but I did install aftermarket ape hangers on my bobber. It was a lot of work to route the cables internally, and as noted you'll need longer cables as well.

That being said, for comfort it's totally worth it. The bars plus a Corbin seat and the OEM Fox shocks have turned my bike into a whole different machine.

·
Registered
Scout bobber 2020
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the advice.
I talked to my local dealer and ordered the bobber twenty bars, footcontrol brackets and clutch/brake line kit ordered.

Looking forward to getting it on the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts