Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the Indian MI175. This bike is meant to be an intermediate bike between the road bike and the dirt bike as shown by the shorter seat, single set of footpegs, optional rear luggage rack, intermediate tires, etc.. Here are some pictures I've found on the internet. If anyone here owns them, please tell us about it. (note: not all bikes in these pictures are factory correct).
re2size.php.jpeg
images.jpeg
a153562_3.jpg
1317415032535_1317415483445_roadwarrior617.jpg
210856_78f81c0281d56789.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indian MI175 Pa.jpg
Just found another picture of an MI175. This one has the super rare air shocks on the back. Poor bike :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 7847 Just found another picture of an MI175. This one has the super rare air shocks on the back. Poor bike :(
Hi Tom, I am new to this site. Are those shocks an actual Indian part or aftermarket ? I would be interested in purchasing a set of these as I like things I've never seen. are they air sprung ? they look like a modified fork tube with an internal spring. Harley used those on there proto type 250 MX bikes.
My Indians are: 1958? Indian 150 Lance (2 stroke, Royal Enfield made) 1974 JC5 junior cross,
MT100 and 1976 MS175.
I saw in several other post to contact you with parts needs. main thing my 1970's bikes all need is chrome. fork tubes, shocks or springs and other chrome items or replating. do you have a source for fork tubes or hard chroming?
Also any paint codes or suppliers? in order my bikes are yellow, orange, blue and red-orange.
Also need stickers (decals) for the MS175.
Thank You for all you do, Frank

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Treedancer, I don't know much about those shocks, I've only heard stories about them and this picture is the only one I've seen. Now that I think about it, maybe the stories were not plausible, since I've never seen another Indian with them. They could be from a different bike or aftermarket...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts