1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Very Cool, Thanks....:D

·
Registered
430 Posts
Funny, they misspelled Motorcycle. Doesn't seem legit, unless that's they way they Indian used to market.

upload_2015-2-9_11-59-57.png

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,057 Posts
Yup. It was motocycle for the first decade or so. Then changed to motorcycle.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yup. It was motocycle for the first decade or so. Then changed to motorcycle.
Now that is a really cool piece of history to know.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Funny, they misspelled Motorcycle. Doesn't seem legit, unless that's they way they Indian used to market.

View attachment 6441
Motocycle (note spelling) was the word adopted by the United States in the later part of the nineteenth century to indicate the horseless carriage, because it was short and easier to understand than the other possibilities, such as "automobile carriage", "motor carriage", "motor vehicle", or "auto carriage".[4] It is now archaic and rarely used.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Motocycle (note spelling) was the word adopted by the United States in the later part of the nineteenth century to indicate the horseless carriage, because it was short and easier to understand than the other possibilities, such as "automobile carriage", "motor carriage", "motor vehicle", or "auto carriage".[4] It is now archaic and rarely used.
Shoot, I guess I haven't really been around very long and have not been skooled in the Art of motocycles. Thanks again for the info.

Reactions: qbrees and Roll On

·
Registered
334 Posts
Back in the 70's I remember seeing horseless carriage stamped on the door sills of my fathers Cadillac

·
Registered
43 Posts
What a great find!! Great share, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Nice Piece of History .. Loved it, Thanks for Sharing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts