Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indian_ME-125_1974_Page_1.jpg
Here are some pictures of my Indian ME125. I bought it in Buffalo NY in 2000 and tore it town and restored it. After that, it was used as the display in the storefront of a restaurant, and also only put into car/motorcycle shows. Then I moved to another state in 2006 and it's been sitting in the barn ever since...
00000_8hf7m3FuW69_600x450.jpg
00s0s_bEj07ndDAj9_600x450.jpg
00101_bxKXD42JDbF_600x450.jpg
00505_iPOayFf0gve_600x450.jpg
00707_2ZihG5ViJW3_600x450b.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
It's all original and complete (except the blinkers and chain are missing). It also has the original Indian tires with the word "Indian" molded into them.... It also has the original "Indian" battery. I restored it using new old stock parts from a local Indian dealer that went out of business in the late 1970's. Yes, the tail light looks goofy, but there had to be a certain amount of square inches of taillight in order to be legal for import into the U.S. . The 125cc bikes are super hard to find, due to low production, compared to the smaller cc bikes. I'm working on searching for production figures for the 125cc bikes...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
When I was a teenager my next door neighbor had that exact same bike. Same color too. Hate to say it, but it was one of the worst bikes in the neighborhood. We all had Japanese bikes that would kick it's ass.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, I've heard it both ways, some people say they were junky, and some said they dominated in moto-x at the time....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's nice. I never found production numbers. I did sell it last year to someone who is using it as a storefront display in upstate New York.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have just started restoring my ME 125 for the second time. It was last restored when I was 13 so 27 years ago, I'm hoping my kids can learn on it as I did back then.

Anyone still there on this thread? What are these worth these days once restored? I've never seen another like it here in Australia.

Below pics are before I tore it down last week, I'll post the end result whenever I get it done.
Indian 1.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts