Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
<div class='entry-head'>
<h3 class='entry-title'><a title='Permanent Link to 'Indian Motorcycle To Make Major Announcements At International Motorcycle Show In Long Beach On December 7th'' href='http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2012/12/04/indian-motorcycle-to-make-major-announcements-at-international-motorcycle-show-in-long-beach-on-december-7/' rel='bookmark'>Indian Motorcycle To Make Major Announcements At International Motorcycle Show In Long Beach On December 7th</a></h3>
<small class='entry-meta'> <span class='chronodata'> Published by <span class='vcard author'><a class='url fn' href='http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/author/cyrilhuze/'>Cyril Huze</a></span> <abbr class='published' title='2012-12-04T10:25:20+0000'>December 4th, 2012</abbr> </span><span class='entry-category'>in <a title='View all posts in Builders' href='http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/category/builders/'>Builders</a>, <a title='View all posts in Editorial' href='http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/category/editorial/'>Editorial</a> and <a title='View all posts in Events' href='http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/category/events/'>Events</a>.</span> </small></div>
<div class='entry-content'>
<a href='http://www.indianmotorcycle.com' target='_blank'>Indian Motorcycle </a>will participate in the show Media Day on December 7th at the Long Beach Convention Center with senior managers from parent company Polaris Industries in attendance. On an all new special &ldquo;Indian Motorcycle Experience&rdquo; display, the company is going 1- to feature a custom-built sound booth where, for the first time ever, attendees can experience firsthand the sound and rumble of the upcoming, completely redesigned, all new Indian Motorcycle engine. Host Mike Wolfe from the HISTORY Channel&rsquo;s &ldquo;American Pickers&rdquo; series will guide attendees via video as they hear and feel the excitement of what&rsquo;s to come later in 2013 with the highly anticipated reveal of the new Indian Motorcycle Company under Polaris Industries ownership.
2- to reveal a limited quantity, model year 2013 Indian Motorcycle that pays tribute to the Kings Mountain era motorcycle. 3- to feature legendary vintage motorcycles including the original Burt Munro 1920 Indian Scout that broke the under-1000cc land-speed record in 1967 at the Bonneville Salt Flats as famously portrayed in the movie &ldquo;The World&rsquo;s Fastest Indian.&rdquo; A secondary exhibit at the show will also include the fully-restored 1935 Indian Chief featured on the History Channel&rsquo;s November 5th broadcast of &ldquo;American Pickers.&rdquo; 4- to display its exciting line of apparel for men and women, including jackets, gloves, casual wear, and more &mdash; much of which will be available for purchase by show attendees.
<a href='http://www.indianmotorcycle.com' target='_blank'>Indian Motorcycle</a>, a wholly-owned division of Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII), is America&rsquo;s original motorcycle company. Founded in 1901, Indian Motorcycle has won the hearts of motorcyclists around the world and earned distinction as one of America&rsquo;s most legendary and iconic brands through unrivaled racing dominance, engineering prowess and countless innovations and industry firsts. Today that heritage and passion is reignited under new brand stewardship. Consumers are invited to take part in the &ldquo;Indian Motorcycle Experience&rdquo; at Long Beach, or at upcoming International Motorcycle Shows in Minneapolis (January 11-13), New York (January 18-20) and Chicago (February 8-10). For tickets and more information on specific shows, log on to <a href='http://www.motorcycleshows.com' target='_blank'>Motorcycle Shows</a>.
</div>

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
The news will be out before the NYC show.

But still looking forward to the Motorcycle show at the Javits Center in Jan

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Would be nice to see this at the biggert motorcycle show in North America here in Toronto, Ontario Canada in 2013
Regards

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I have been dancing foot to foot waiting to see what Polaris is going to do with Indian. I hope they don't disappoint me.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I love Indians......Mabye they'll make an announcement that they are gonna offer an affordable one.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
9220 said:
I love Indians......Mabye they'll make an announcement that they are gonna offer an affordable one.
Ya right... It will be parked right next to the cheap Rolls Royce

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
My guess is that they are going to stop accepting 1st and 2nd born children to buy one. I think they may have to many kids to watch out for now.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Some time back, I saw a video of some Aussie guy that is one of the worlds utmost historians and collector of Indian parts and engineering literature, (I'm sure he has a few bikes also). He's been trying to manufacter new 'Indian' engines based on original design. He showed an original casting of an Indian in-line cylinder engine, (weren't those 4 cylinder), that he wanted to make new molds off of and begin reproducing them. I believe at the time he was still trying to work out the legal aspect of it.

But in lue of this, maybe there's been some stuff going on where Polaris is trying to give Indian motorcycles 'real' Indian type engines? I think if they did this.....it would be a 'HOME RUN' for the product, the company and the future success of the brand.

The present Indian is a beautiful bike. The only downer for me since the multiple attempts to bring the brand back has been the 'warmed over' Harley EVO2 that they have been calling their own. It just doesn't work for me or the historical significance of the brand, not to mention the purists that know better.

If they introduce a prototype with an original style engine, (of coarse modernized using the latest technologies and engine management systems), or plans to do so in the future....look out my friends....Indian will be legit, once more....and they will sell! ...hell, I'd honestly be interested my self.

Be safe fellas......and gals.

Merry Christmas.

Cap

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Visited the main UK Motorcycle Show, last week and was told that things were warming up.
I was told that the'all new' stuff will be on show at next year's event and it's a long way down the road towards an announcement.
This all looks to confirm the comments, let's hope that it's sooner rather than later and also let's hope that we get some serious new engineering in the designs.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
5471 said:
Some time back, I saw a video of some Aussie guy that is one of the worlds utmost historians and collector of Indian parts and engineering literature, (I'm sure he has a few bikes also).  He's been trying to manufacter new 'Indian' engines based on original design. He showed an original casting of an Indian in-line cylinder engine, (weren't those 4 cylinder), that he wanted to make new molds off of and begin reproducing them.  I believe at the time he was still trying to work out the legal aspect of it.

But in lue of this, maybe there's been some stuff going on where Polaris is trying to give Indian motorcycles 'real' Indian type engines?  I think if they did this.....it would be a 'HOME RUN' for the product, the company and the future success of the brand.

The present Indian is a beautiful bike.  The only downer for me since the multiple attempts to bring the brand back has been the 'warmed over' Harley EVO2 that they have been calling their own.   It just doesn't work for me or the historical significance of the brand, not to mention the purists that know better.

If they introduce a prototype with an original style engine, (of coarse modernized using the latest technologies and engine management systems), or plans to do so in the future....look out my friends....Indian will be legit, once more....and they will sell!  ...hell, I'd honestly be interested my self.

Be safe fellas......and gals.

Merry Christmas.

Cap 
You're about a decade late. When Gilroy attempted a revival back in the late 90's they brought Chiefs and Scouts to market with a clone motor while their own Power Plus was under development. It was released but soon thereafter Gilroy went bankrupt in 2003. When Stelican (Kings Mountain) brought the brand back in 2006 they hired Polaris engineers to work out bugs on the Power Plus, and further refinements have taken place since Polaris bought the brand in 2011. What you see right now in Indians is not an Evo clone, but a purely and exclusively Indian motor. Popularly referred to as 'Bottle Cap'. From what I'm hearing what will be 'shown' on Dec.7th is the sound of another new motor to be released on a completely new model slated to be released in July 2013 as a new 2014 model.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
4902 said:
You're about a decade late. When Gilroy attempted a revival back in the late 90's they brought Chiefs and Scouts to market with a clone motor while their own Power Plus was under development. It was released but soon thereafter Gilroy went bankrupt in 2003. When Stelican (Kings Mountain) brought the brand back in 2006 they hired Polaris engineers to work out bugs on the Power Plus, and further refinements have taken place since Polaris bought the brand in 2011. What you see right now in Indians is not an Evo clone, but a purely and exclusively Indian motor. Popularly referred to as 'Bottle Cap'. From what I'm hearing what will be 'shown' on Dec.7th is the sound of another new motor to be released on a completely new model slated to be released in July 2013 as a new 2014 model.
Thanks bud, you know....that happens to me every so often.....somthing that you think happened last month, actually happened quite some time earlier. I chock that up to being 'very busy in life'.

I do hope they introduce something that is more 'Indian' looking though because that's surely a testiment to just how generic the mill looks, other than the 'bottle cap' part.

Cap

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
There was a court battle for the Indian name. One player already had a bike AND a proprietary engine. The other player evidently had a bit better claim to the name. The judge ruled the rights to the name went to player #2... but if they didn't have a proprietary engine by a certain date, the decision would be reversed. Be glad player #1 didn't get the name because their bikes would have sold for over $50K (lots of high tech and custom stuff).

The Power Plus IS pretty much a round jug EVO motor. Rushed into production (for reasons stated above) and the unreliability of that engine (warranty repairs) bankrupted the company.

You can buy that engine from Crazy Horse
http://www.crazyhorsemotorcycles.com/engines.asphttp://www.crazyhorsemotorcycles.com/pdfs/Tri-lobe%20System.pdfhttp://www.crazyhorsemotorcycles.com/engines.asp

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
692 said:
I was told that the target for Polaris/Indian is a cost of around $20K. We'll see.
That's &pound;12,500 GBP and a Hammer 8 Ball costs &pound;12,000 GBP
If they get prices down to these figures then the 'Harley - Heritage' riders will have a whole new set of options.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
3332 said:
That's &pound;12,500 GBP and a Hammer 8 Ball costs &pound;12,000 GBP
If they get prices down to these figures then the 'Harley - Heritage' riders will have a whole new set of options.
I'm sure there is an upcharge to get the bikes there. The MSRP of the Hammer 8 Ball in the States is $14,499... I reckon $20K US MSRP won't be 12.5K pounds after importing fees.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
692 said:
I'm sure there is an upcharge to get the bikes there. The MSRP of the Hammer 8 Ball in the States is $14,499... I reckon $20K US MSRP won't be 12.5K pounds after importing fees.
I'm sure that your right, but it's still a dam good price.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
I'm teliin' ya, if the new Indians are reasonably priced and a true rider (not an attractive novelty item) I will buy one. What has been available of late were simply azz jewelry.

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
That's the thing, as of late if you liked the Indian style, but wanted reasonable price, excellent ride, etc...then you own a Kingpin.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts