Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS)
210 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS)
210 Posts
Awesome... send pics when finished, that should look amazing!
It is technically already built, waiting for parts, but the dates of estimated shipping changed today 6/23/22…
Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
11 Posts
MANY Scout Bobber buyers in the past year have been disappointed to see their bikes, pre-ordered and pre-paid for, delivered with chrome heat shields instead of black. Indian told customers they shipped them with chrome so customer wouldn't have to wait any longer (I waited 17 weeks) and they would replace the chrome with black heat shields as soon as the black heat shields were available. Indian blamed supply chain issues and claimed no black heat shields were available but they would install them as soon as they go them. Months and months pass. Indian and the dealer tell customers who've already paid for their bikes they'll receive their shields in the order they ordered their bike and denied shipping any new bikes with black heat shields, and that any at dealers with black heat shields were installed by the dealer from their stock.
They lie! I went in to my local dealer today and there sits a 2022 Bobber with black heat shields. A google search reveals others at dealerships around the country. Not stock photos, bikes available at the dealer for sale. My dealer, Iron Pony in Westerville, Ohio, admitted that the Bobber in their showroom arrived from the factory with black heat shields, and that Indian made the decision to put the black shields on new bikes to help sell them BEFORE providing them to the customers who'd already paid for theirs and have been waiting.
This is the 3rd, brand new, Indian I purchased within 4 years. I also purchased a Springfield and a Roadmaster. And this is how Indian treats its customers?
If you purchased a Bobber and it was delivered with the wrong heat shields, and you've been waiting, I think you've been lied to. In my opinion Indian committed fraud, and used heat shields we paid for to generate new sales - in effect stealing our property. I recommend filing a complaint with your state Attorney General consumer law division, and contacting an attorney and suing this lying fucking company.
I let others ride my Springfield and Roadmaster. And it's not just that a part doesn't match the rest of the bike, it's that it's not what I paid for. think of it this way. A company takes your money for a product you purchase. They then take that money and buy the product but instead of giving it to you they sell it to someone else. They've used your money to make a profit off selling something you paid for. Sound fair? Legal? As for "finding a lawyer that will take that on" - I am a lawyer. And luck is not a factor.
It's all clear now. Your a lawyer. That explains a lot. For the most part Indian changed the images when the shortage happened. And I don't know of anyone who paid in full before their bike was received unless they offered it. A deposit is good to get the bike ordered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
MANY Scout Bobber buyers in the past year have been disappointed to see their bikes, pre-ordered and pre-paid for, delivered with chrome heat shields instead of black. Indian told customers they shipped them with chrome so customer wouldn't have to wait any longer (I waited 17 weeks) and they would replace the chrome with black heat shields as soon as the black heat shields were available. Indian blamed supply chain issues and claimed no black heat shields were available but they would install them as soon as they go them. Months and months pass. Indian and the dealer tell customers who've already paid for their bikes they'll receive their shields in the order they ordered their bike and denied shipping any new bikes with black heat shields, and that any at dealers with black heat shields were installed by the dealer from their stock.
They lie! I went in to my local dealer today and there sits a 2022 Bobber with black heat shields. A google search reveals others at dealerships around the country. Not stock photos, bikes available at the dealer for sale. My dealer, Iron Pony in Westerville, Ohio, admitted that the Bobber in their showroom arrived from the factory with black heat shields, and that Indian made the decision to put the black shields on new bikes to help sell them BEFORE providing them to the customers who'd already paid for theirs and have been waiting.
This is the 3rd, brand new, Indian I purchased within 4 years. I also purchased a Springfield and a Roadmaster. And this is how Indian treats its customers?
If you purchased a Bobber and it was delivered with the wrong heat shields, and you've been waiting, I think you've been lied to. In my opinion Indian committed fraud, and used heat shields we paid for to generate new sales - in effect stealing our property. I recommend filing a complaint with your state Attorney General consumer law division, and contacting an attorney and suing this lying fucking company.
Seems logical to me that the first priority would be to get the black guards on the new bikes being manufactured first. Why create more issues that will need to be tracked and create additional expense and nightmare for the company. This is just the right business decision. To me they did the right thing by fulfilling the orders with the chrome shields so riders can get their bikes ASAP. Your new bike to ride ,hell sand blast and paint the chrome guard if it bothers you so much

·
Registered
325 Posts
Seems logical to me that the first priority would be to get the black guards on the new bikes being manufactured first. Why create more issues that will need to be tracked and create additional expense and nightmare for the company. This is just the right business decision. To me they did the right thing by fulfilling the orders with the chrome shields so riders can get their bikes ASAP. Your new bike to ride ,hell sand blast and paint the chrome guard if it bothers you so much
Your logic may be flawed... with the barbarians at the gates (expecting owners), the decision may have been to get bikes out the door so people can ride. From my perspective this takes precedence over the black exhaust. The logistics in the background to find out who did/didn't receive a black exhaust is pretty easy if they designated their serial numbers properly. Just keep a list... (doesn't anyone keep lists these days? I guess I'm an engineers son, I have lists for lists)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Polaris is pretty good at lying, but make it sound good at the time-like they care. Example-when they decided to drop the Victory line, they promised customers parts for 10 yrs. Well that sounds like they are TRYING to keep customers happy. So-let’s say you need a set of shifter forks or a clutch drum. You go to your Polaris dealer to buy a/these parts. If your lucky they may have some NOS, chances are they have to order. The parts are on a shelf at some other dealer in the USA, not in Polaris warehouse. If they sold out your SOL. Oh and have a nice day. They want to compete w/HD, but $hit on customers in attempt to make maximum $$$.
Now they’re telling me they’ll have them in November! But they have them on new, 2022 bikes all over the country. Short sighted on their part. They’re losing customers for life.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Now they’re telling me they’ll have them in November! But they have them on new, 2022 bikes all over the country. Short sighted on their part. They’re losing customers for life.
Jokes on you... I'm calling up my dealer right now, and buying the set that's sitting in their shop LMAO. I just bought a '22 that has the chrome shields, $185 with dealer discount yup... done deal! (Another black set off the market because you waited too long) :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not many I bet since that fugly exhaust is normally one of the first things to go.
I'd be willing to let my 2018 black heat shields go for a reasonable price + shipping.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts