Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS)
209 Posts
That's just not how manufacturing and businesses operate; been in the corporate world in several respects from real estate and property management (commercial), to entertainment management etc. There's a reason why you can get a degree in supply chain management these days. The logistics for larger companies such as Polaris are incredibly complex. I was just reading another post in the "Order Status" thread where one person's Scout Rogue was being held up for electrical components, not the black exhaust. I have to believe that Indian is making a best effort to get product out the doors, but with supply chain issues some orders might be delayed longer... you do NOT want to start robbing from Peter to give to Paul, basically pulling from one 'almost finished' bike to complete another order; that's when big mistakes happen, and quality takes a dive.
That was me with the Rogue, Kelly from Indian corporate (Polaris) actually said it was both - electrical components/chips and black heat shields ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
LMAO... I'm one of those goof-balls that will probably spend the $700 on black heat shields and slip-ons... even though I already have a set of Freedom Performance Radical Radius sitting in my living room. I'd like to ride the bike stock for awhile just to enjoy it that way, then do some upgrades and completely mod the bike out.
I have the Freedom Performance Radical Radius waiting…

·
Registered
209 Posts
I feel bad for ya... and the rest of us that are waiting. I dunno, there's a part of me that's frustrated, but I don't think there's a lot consumers can do at this point.

At first I was upset that my bobber wouldn't come with the black exhaust, but now I'm thankful for it; with things the way they are, it would probably mean additional delays. Can always rattle-can it with Krylon.
I am putting freedom radical radius pipes on so I don’t care. They are doing it for Bobbers and not Rogues anyway so I will likely get black.

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awesome... send pics when finished, that should look amazing!
It is technically already built, waiting for parts, but the dates of estimated shipping changed today 6/23/22…
Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts