Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out Tuesday that some, if not all 2014 Indians have "Indian" inscribed on the air cleaner cover under the chrome medallion that has "111 Cubic Inches" printed on it. If you take the cover off the bike and look at the back, you can see the logo if yours has it.
A little heat form my wife's blow dryer and some dental floss and it came off.
These pictures may not be the greatest, it was dark when I took them. image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
nice not a huge fan of the 111 its a little pokey to me. I do like that being more discreet

·
Super Moderator
4,909 Posts
Odd, I wonder why Indian pay to have the script put on the breather cover then cover it up with the "111" medallion?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Paint it with black gloss paint or nail polish to help it stand out. I did the tips on the grips, the indian on tank trim and on passenger back rest. I would of done this to but changing AC in few weeks...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Since my 111 came off and the script is barely visible, I'm guessing the stamping wasn't deep enough as the chroming process nearly filled in the script. Maybe the 111 was an afterthought.... Put my 111 back on... Will upgrade A/C when Indian makes the "Big Sucker" readily available.

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
Mine was like that with the Indian script, still wasn't a fan of the oversized bed look, so I turned it into a wall clock after I upgraded to the High Flow AC.

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
One dude did this and it came out pretty good. Fast forward to the 5:44 or so to see it finished and on the bike.

Reactions: sidecarsam
1 - 13 of 13 Posts