Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased this helmet. There are many things I love about this helmet but one issue I'm having I wanted to get opinions on.

Riding with no bike fairing.

At anything over about 40/45 mph, if I turn my head to/or passed about 40 degrees right or left I get a significant stream of air from the side right at me eye closest to direction of travel. It's coming from the side, not up from below the shield.

Does this seem normal to anyone else?

It can be a surprise if you weren't ready for it.

Face shield is all the way down as it should be.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
significant stream of air from the side right at me eye closest to direction of travel.
Aye! I understand matey, Aaaarrrrgggghhhh, I hate when something gets in me eye. Lol!

Seriously, best way to manage winds to the head is a very good full face helmet like a Shoei GT Air. When it comes to wind management you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE:
I WROTE Indian regarding the helmet issue. They wrote back within a couple of days and said they had never heard of the issue either, but told me to take the helmet back to my dealer and they would order me another one.

Also: I decided to go ahead and purchase a Shoei RF-SR and I LOVE it. Very little noise, comfortable, great fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts