Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks promising. I am curious how similar it is the the Corbin Fire and Ice design. Cost is roughly the same...

The seat everyone has been asking for...

·
Registered
260 Posts
The site says it fits the 18-19 Roadmaster Elite. I dont think the frame and seat mounting points are any different than on the regular Roadmaster. So i assume it would also fit that. Or is the seat heater wiring different on the Elite?

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you hit the see more tab it lists all the TS models.

·
Silver member
5,292 Posts
It looks like a nice seat. Good on Indian trying to compete a little with the aftermarket world; but its not $1,630 nice, which is the price for it in Canada; and that`s before tax for a vinyl covered seat.
I get lots of seats are vinyl but I prefer leather myself; especially at that price.
I`d personally go with the Corbin over an Indian seat as I think Corbin`s would be far superior in terms of comfort; at least you can design what you want and get the seat section with real leather at a comparable price.
Just my opinion though.

·
Bronze member
3,435 Posts
I had a Corbin on my Victory... hated it... but every ass likes it's own... but you don't need this fancy of a seat.. living in the North Land you only need the cheaper heated version..;)

Reactions: Kaz

·
Silver member
5,292 Posts
I had a Corbin on my Victory... hated it... but every ass likes it's own... but you don't need this fancy of a seat.. living in the North Land you only need the cheaper heated version..;)
I have a Corbin for my Scout; world of difference compared to the factory one. But then again I think anything would be better than the OEM seat on that bike lol.
My Chieftain I have the original OEM seat and I`m starting to hate it - thinking of switching out to Ultimate for that one though. When I do switch it wont even have the heated option.

·
Rider
747 Posts
Too rich for my butt! However, I would like to try one out. Maybe I'll hold out and watch the "Parts For Sale" section and see if I can scoop one up for 1/2 off in a year or so, LOL.

·
Bronze member
2,733 Posts
I wonder about the system, cooling one item/area creates very high temps in another item/area.. Peltier / thermoelectric or otherwise.. Where/how is the heat being dissipated ?

Reactions: CraigB1960

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More details here
The technology seems promising. I never liked the idea of fan in my seat like the Corbin. I don't know how well that would last. However the Corbin fit and finish is usually excellent and their seats last for years. And they are very comfortable after break-in. Especially if you visit the factory, have a mold made of your arse, take the tour, head down to Johnny's for a brew, come back 4 hours later and pick up your bike and ride away.

Pretty cool service really.

But I am excited for Indian, and I hope this seat has improved the cushion material and excellent fit and finish, and it turns out to be more comfortable while riding with neither heat nor cooling when the weather is perfect than the current seats.

BTW, I would buy one and try it out if they made one that was a solo seat in this configuration...

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Boss,

"You know how we can fix the heat some people have an issue with?"

Engineer,
"Reconfigure the exhaust?"

Boss,
"Nope."

Engineer,
"Revise the tune?"

Boss,
"Nope"

Engineer has an epiphany,
"Ooh ooh! I know, open up the area for better air flow over engine!"

Boss,
"Nope"

"OK boss, I give .. I'm out of ideas.

Boss,

"you silly boi, all that would cost money! We can make money by Selling them a complex $1.3k dollar seat! Duh!..

BTW, your fired."

Engineer,
"Awe man..."

·
Rider
1,314 Posts
This looks promising. I am curious how similar it is the the Corbin Fire and Ice design. Cost is roughly the same...

The seat everyone has been asking for...

Well, it certainly is in line with the standard Indian pricing structure...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I’m just glad to see Indian coming out with more accessories.

Now if they came out with a chopped tour pack I’d buy one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
4,158 Posts
Here is the official press release that has more detailed info.

The following press release from Indian Motorcycle describes the new ClimaCommand Classic Seat, which Indian claims brings unique heating and cooling seat technology to the motorcycle industry. Indian says the seat is already shipping to dealers, and available on its web site. 16 models (dating back to 2016) allow installation of the new seat. The price of the seat is $1,199.99. Here is the press release:

MINNEAPOLIS (June 22, 2020)Indian Motorcycle, America’s First Motorcycle Company, today announced a revolutionary new technology geared to improved rider comfort through a patent-pending system that delivers superior cooling for a more pleasant riding experience in warm weather.
The all-new ClimaCommand Classic Seat delivers both heating and cooling to riders and passengers and raises the bar for cooling thanks to three key elements:

• A proprietary thermoelectric module that pumps heat away from the rider
  • A patent-pending ducting system for cooling the thermoelectric module
  • Graphene, a highly conductive and flexible material that optimizes the distribution of heating or cooling while maintaining superior comfort
Indian Motorcycle’s thermoelectric technology is much more effective than the automotive market standard of HVAC convection systems. A critical performance benefit of the ClimaCommand technology is that it actually produces a surface that’s cold to the touch, rather than merely pushing cool air through perforations in the surface in the manner that HVAC system offerings operate.
“Despite advancements in heating and cooling for seats, we had yet to see a cooling technology that truly eliminated the discomfort of hot-weather, and with ClimaCommand, our engineering team has finally solved this problem,” said Ross Clifford, Vice President of Parts, Garments, and Accessories at Indian Motorcycle. “Our thermoelectric technology paired with graphene material is truly a game-changer, and another example of Indian Motorcycle bringing difference-making innovation to the market.”
To accomplish conduction heating and cooling, a thermoelectric module located within the seat directly regulates the temperature. Electricity is applied to a thermoelectric module, causing one side of the module to absorb heat and the opposing side to dissipate heat. By reversing electrical flow, the hot and cold temperatures alternate sides. A graphene material, which is a nanomaterial created from 100% carbon atoms, is then used to ensure the heating and cooling is dispersed throughout the entire seat.
The well-cushioned ClimaCommand Classic Seat delivers unprecedented comfort with Thunderstroke models. Independent rider and passenger controls (low, medium, high) allow the rider and passenger to remain in command of their heating and cooling levels. With no perforations, the seat’s vinyl cover is highly-durable and water and UV-resistant. Passengers can add more comfort with Armrest Pads and a Trunk Backrest Pad, both designed and developed to seamlessly pair with the new ClimaCommand Classic Seat.
It’s important to note that the ClimaCommand Classic Seat is not Ride Command-integrated. However, Ride Command-integrated versions of the ClimaCommand Seat will be available for the 2020 Chieftain and Roadmaster later this year.
The ClimaCommand Classic Seat is now shipping to dealers and available at IndianMotorcycle.com.
In addition to the all-new ClimaCommand Classic Seat, Indian Motorcycle is introducing an array of new parts and accessories for Scout and FTR 1200 models. New Semi-Rigid Scout Saddlebags allow Scout riders to pack for the long haul, while FTR 1200 riders can select from high or low mount carbon-fiber Akrapovič exhaust options, several new airbox tank cover options, new billet aluminum Rizoma mirrors, and a carbon fiber nacelle to enhance the high-performance design of the FTR 1200.

·
Bronze member
1,535 Posts
Interesting.....but does NOT fit the 2020 Challenger.....at least NOT yet!!!!!! Would like to see some feedback from riders before I decide on my Chieftain. But it looks decent.......at least from pictures.

·
Registered
434 Posts
See the article in this website, that gilroychief posted previously, it said Indian is incorporate the seat to the ride command system on 2020's

Indian Motorcycle Introduces the ClimaCommand Classic Seats
Ok, that explains that then.... I like leather seats but it is black and integrates with the rest of the black leather on the bike. Hopefully it will sit better than my 2020 leather seat. My 16RM stock leather seat was one of the best seats I've ever used. In the mean time, I think I'm going to put some insulation on the bottom of it to see if it can stop some of the heat coming through.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts