Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I attempted to install the stage 1 intake and the oem bolts had red loctite ,thus on last bolt it broke head off. I had to drill out bolt and got lucky with install of new airbox bolt.
Just an fyi watch them bolts..heat up a little first to release red loctite a bit.
Here are some picts of end of my debacle.
Auto part Fuel line Engine Automotive engine part Automotive fuel system
in
Auto part Fuel line Engine Automotive engine part Automotive fuel system
Auto part Hand Washing Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Bronze member
2,477 Posts
I've seen too many posts of Challenger owners snapping bolts because Indian is using red loc-tite on bolts that shouldn't. That's really lame. Forward that to Indian to get that shit out.

Reactions: Rydahog

·
Rider
944 Posts
Because modern engines rarely need anything, manufacturers use poison pills to defeat people from working on their own vehicles. They assume if it's too difficult you'll take it to the dealer who relies on charging a fortune for things that are basically trivial.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's reply I received from Polaris Indian division.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us and share your thoughts. We're always looking for ways to meet the wants and needs of both our current and future riders! I wanted to let you know we've shared your feedback with our Design Engineers, as all comments are used to assist us in continually improving our products.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can do to assist. I can be reached at 1-877-204-3697 or by replying directly to this email and referencing your case number. C-6477680

You may receive a brief survey, and I would appreciate any feedback regarding the support I provided during our time together.

Sincerely your friend at Indian Motorcycles,
Zachary, Representative, Owner Connections
2100 Highway 55 | Medina, MN 55340

www.polaris.com | 1-800-765-2747

1 - 15 of 15 Posts