Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.IndianAftermarket.com is a dealer for Corbin seats. We sell quite a few and everyone loves them. I understand owners also like their Ultimate seats and Mustang seats. So these are good manufacturers. Anyway I found a good photograph to show the difference in the two leathers. It is common to order a tan back rest or trunk with passenger armrests because the biker has Indian tan already on his bike. Another example is on the Scout you might have tan saddle bags and want to change out your seat for a tan Corbin. So the dilemma is how good of a match is it? This photo shows a Vintage with Indian Tan saddle bags and we added a Corbin two up seat with back rests. There is a difference in the two colors and textures but it is not bad. This photo was taken in sunlight. In some light the differences are slightly greater. The point is I think it is an acceptable difference. So you can look and decide for yourself. If you are contemplating adding Corbin Tan to your bike this might help.
IMG_8693.jpg

·
Vendor / bronze
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes we also get some items from US Saddlebags. (They are also a good company.) Their Indian Tan is also very close to the Indian Indian Tan.

·
Bronze member
2016 Indian Scout
1,849 Posts
Hey Jon is this seat “Corbin tan”? Thanks, Tom.
I am not sure. When I looked on their site, it seems the colors have changed since I got mine. I believe they had a specific Indian tan. Anyway, if you call them, they are helpful. BTW, the 'tan' started to fade and turned orangey-yellow and I redyed it darker. Looks better IMO.
Bike 2.PNG

·
Registered
148 Posts
I’m pretty sure they told me they killed off “Indian Tan” because of brand conflicts. I ended up ordering tan for the top of my seat and it turned out great. Then again, I wasn’t trying to color match something else. You can ask for swatches though if you want to be more certain.

At some point I’ll have to roll the dice on grip wraps to see how close it is to the new tan. I wish Corbin offered those in the same materials.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts