Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, do we have a UK Indian group?? I'm curious about how many we have on the road in the UK.
regards

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Goin' nomad on the beautiful roads of Scotland doesn't sound too bad. Keep riding brother and eventually the ranks will grow.

·
Rider
878 Posts
That's a fine looking Scout - I think those pipes look so much nicer than the stock ones. How do they sound?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I cant believe there are no more riders south of Hadrian`s wall !!! , Perhaps the dealers are not aware of this forum ?? I don`t have mine yet but been on here awhile.
Was hoping they will fix the sidestand for the 2016 models before I order as my dealer has sold out of this years allocation.

·
Rider
878 Posts
@bofor , John, there are four of us that I'm aware of in or around the Thames Valley. I'm sure there are more - the large number of big smiles I saw at the Swindon test ride day in May really should mean that I wasn't the only one to buy an Indian.

For those following the 'Damn roundabout...' thread, we went nowhere near Swindon's infamous Magic Roundabout.

·
Registered
198 Posts
@bofor , John, there are four of us that I'm aware of in or around the Thames Valley. I'm sure there are more - the large number of big smiles I saw at the Swindon test ride day in May really should mean that I wasn't the only one to buy an Indian.

For those following the 'Damn roundabout...' thread, we went nowhere near Swindon's infamous Magic Roundabout.
Swindon said they sold about 15 !!, maybe they should put a flyer up in the shop.
What colour is yours ?
Any problems with your kickstand ?

The "Magic Roundabout", no problem, its a Pussy Cat....we made it to keep "undesirables" out ;)

·
Rider
878 Posts
Mine's a blue Chief Classic - she was in the shop at the May test ride day. No problem with the kickstand, but I'm careful parking the bike.

Are you in the Swindon area? Which bike are you waiting for?

·
Registered
198 Posts
AHhhhh, thought you had a Scout.

I want a Scout, Red would be good, I like the matt Silver and matt Black, AND....the Shiny Black....:confused:
Not sure how the Matt finish would stand up, the Silver would probably not show any marks better than Black.
Yes I`m in Swindon

·
Rider
878 Posts
I nearly did order a Scout. I'd ridden both a Scout and a Chief on the May test ride day (and a Bonneville). After thinking about it way too much, I still couldn't make my mind up so I placed the matter in the lap of the gods - if the blue Chief was still there I'd have that because I really like the colour; if not then I'd order a red Scout. I really like the ride on both machines, although they're clearly very different.

Anyway, the blue Chief was still there when I went back in to Blade in mid-June, in a fit of getting off my backside and doing something before the summer went. So far so good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi, do we have a UK Indian group?? I'm curious about how many we have on the road in the UK.
regards
View attachment 18602
they were compared to the sound of a Chinook helicopter by the guys riding behind me .. note the need to point up hill because of the sidestand
Ahhh the old sidestand problem...spot the scout..always facing uphill...... A guy at my dealership picked up his new scout, rode it home, got off to open the gate and.......Bang, straight over.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ahhh the old sidestand problem...spot the scout..always facing uphill...... A guy at my dealership picked up his new scout, rode it home, got off to open the gate and.......Bang, straight over.
Ouch !!, makes you scared to buy one..

·
Registered
99 Posts
I cant believe there are no more riders south of Hadrian`s wall !!! , Perhaps the dealers are not aware of this forum ?? I don`t have mine yet but been on here awhile.
Was hoping they will fix the sidestand for the 2016 models before I order as my dealer has sold out of this years allocation.
The only time I ever see another Scout or any Indian is when I go to my dealership in Canterbury. Had Scout since 1st July, met plenty of impressed bikers, but no Indians to be seen in Kent...Next time I visit the shop I will ask where they hang out as I (we) are getting lonely...Aahhhh.

1 - 20 of 334 Posts