Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by to visit the dealer yesterday and got some interesting information. I'm not an Indian fan and doubt I'll ever own one but I like to look.

For starters they had at least 10 bikes sitting on the floor. Every single one of them was sold already except for the 1 'store bike'. That's the one people could sit on, touch, etc. They even had a sold Kings Mountain bike sitting their. They said the owner had bought and paid for it over 2 years ago and just hasn't picked it up. I'm pretty sure if I forked out over 30 grand for a bike I'm picking it up ASAP.

I asked him why so many bikes were sitting there if they were sold and he said most of them were sold to people from out of state and just couldn't get there to pick them up yet. He said so far the store has sold 69 bikes. Most of those were still on order and haven't made it to them yet but they are still counted as sold. Wish I would have thought to ask how many had rolled out of their shop already.

If I remeber right he did say they had 1 black Chieftan (still to come in I think) that could be had for $23,000 because the original owner backed out if anyone is interested in it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the info. I spoke with them yesterday, they said they had 12 bikes so far, more coming in at any time. My preorder is suppose to be in the next shipment. I have a business trip in Austin TX next week, am hoping to fly to Lincoln for pickup, and ride home. Packing gear, but won't know until Monday morning if it's a go. Looks like there may be a weather window on I-80/84 through Cheyenne, Salt Lake, and Boise next weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts