Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another dealer falls. Falcone Powersports in Indianapolis has immediately ceased Indian operations. I was scheduled to have my RM serviced for an issue previously noted tomorrow but was informed this morning that effective today they are done.
Now my options are to work with the other dealer who I have avoided due to poor customer service, or more likely begin transitioning out of this brand after buying a Springfield, a Scout, and 2 roadmasters. Immensely disappointing because I am aware of the back story on this and I find the lack of business ethics inconsistent with what I am willing to support as a customer.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I am so sorry you are having those problems. Lets all hope things get better soon. Chin up, it will get better!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Another dealer falls. Falcone Powersports in Indianapolis has immediately ceased Indian operations. I was scheduled to have my RM serviced for an issue previously noted tomorrow but was informed this morning that effective today they are done.
Now my options are to work with the other dealer who I have avoided due to poor customer service, or more likely begin transitioning out of this brand after buying a Springfield, a Scout, and 2 roadmasters. Immensely disappointing because I am aware of the back story on this and I find the lack of business ethics inconsistent with what I am willing to support as a customer.

Rumor has it new frame for 2020 HD touring models. The dealer network has been a Polaris weak link going back to victory, even though Indian has gained market share they are still loosing money. Question is can we trust Polaris for the long haul?

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Rumor has it new frame for 2020 HD touring models. The dealer network has been a Polaris weak link going back to victory, even though Indian has gained market share they are still loosing money. Question is can we trust Polaris for the long haul?
Yeah I been there and did that with victory it keeps me thinking

·
Registered
600 Posts
I hear you brother,I have had 2 Indians and my nearest dealer at the time was 150 miles .I had multiple issues with each model and I sold them and went back to Harley Davidson .i love the indian look and history but Polaris needs to support their dealerships ,,,,perhaps even open corporate own dealerships .All bikes have issues ,, ALL !! But it's the ability to get that issue handled by a dealer that is not over +100 miles away !! I feel your pain!!

·
Rider
396 Posts
Polaris' continued refusal to invest in dealerships has always been troubling. I also always thought latching on to multi-brand dealerships was a good way to get up and running quickly with little to no investment by Polaris. However, I think it should've been a start up tactic only, not their sole business model particularly with their "Premium Brand" focus. In a lot of Dealerships, you have this weird Indian boutique section next to a cluster of other brands. Doesn't make sense. As a premium brand the last thing I want my customers doing is looking at cheaper metric cruisers after they peruse the higher priced Indians.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,330 Posts
It seems more Dealerships are closing than opening which isn't a good sign. Polaris pulled the plug on their watercraft line and Victory line with no notice leaving folks high and dry :) That said I'm not really sure I trust them to keep the Indian line open because they will always protect their bottom line $$$ at our expense.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah I been there and did that with victory it keeps me thinking
I still have my victory and love the 106 I have not found anything I like more, except the S&S 124, engine. But that’s a a built out performance engine. I will definitely check out the new Indian 108 when it comes out.

·
Bronze member
1,089 Posts
I have relied on Falcone for service and they have always been Johnny on the spot. At other dealers I've had problems getting my RM into service due to scheduling problems.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Seems to me Polaris could incentivise existing Polaris branded dealerships to start carrying, or at least service Indian products. I have a Polaris dealer just down the street, but like many others I have to go 100+ miles to the nearest Indian dealer.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
"hopefully" it is rather a BAU business and not specific to Polaris/Indian (?). If not I'd be worried.

Over here we have a 2nd dealer downtown in Paris but which belongs to the same dealer outside Paris (who is by the way the top seller and best surveyed of Europe). Looks good so far.

Another one opened recently outside Paris but I hear mainly bad comments including "not knowing about mechanics" !?. I understand that he also sells KTM...
I've seen their "poor" stand at an event and I didn't get any good feeling either (lack of enthusiasm and rider spirit).
Wonder whether Polaris feels concerned about it (?).

·
Bronze member
3,043 Posts
Seems to me Polaris could incentivise existing Polaris branded dealerships to start carrying, or at least service Indian products. I have a Polaris dealer just down the street, but like many others I have to go 100+ miles to the nearest Indian dealer.
You DO NOT want that... that is really how Victory started... look at their mechanics for ATV's....they do not care one little bit about your 30K bike to them its a 10K ATV that just gets beat up on the farm or off roading… when you take your bike in for the first time and it comes back with scratches on the tank, fender or anything and the grips have grease on them from pushing the bike in an out of their maint. bay or in most cases garage... early Victory riders went through that.. I would never go to one with my Indian..
Polaris' continued refusal to invest in dealerships has always been troubling. I also always thought latching on to multi-brand dealerships was a good way to get up and running quickly with little to no investment by Polaris. However, I think it should've been a start up tactic only, not their sole business model particularly with their "Premium Brand" focus. In a lot of Dealerships, you have this weird Indian boutique section next to a cluster of other brands. Doesn't make sense. As a premium brand the last thing I want my customers doing is looking at cheaper metric cruisers after they peruse the higher priced Indians.
my local HD shop after 4 decades of stand alone... moving from building to building.. finally ending up in the building demanded by Harley has had to add Can-Am and some cheap scooter line for help.... motorsports is a tuff racket.. its even tougher when you're trying to sell high 20's low 30k bikes... and damn near impossible as a stand alone

Reactions: GreatWhite

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I called Falcone, they confirmed and said it was their decision to sever the franchise. Most of us around here know the history. Long story just the same, sad to see them go, service work was always good. Location on the other hand totally sucked.

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
730 Posts
bunch of soft shells in here. brick shops will be a thing of the past soon. means little to NOTHING about how the business is doing. know how many things i have bought from an Indian dealer? technically, ZERO. and if i need something i will go to a performance shop or buy from their online store and resolve myself.

·
Rider
386 Posts
bunch of soft shells in here. brick shops will be a thing of the past soon. means little to NOTHING about how the business is doing. know how many things i have bought from an Indian dealer? technically, ZERO. and if i need something i will go to a performance shop or buy from their online store and resolve myself.
Thing of the past huh ?
Who is going to repair your brand new ride under warranty or otherwise?

·
Rider
538 Posts
I do wish Polaris would set up “Official Indian Repair Centers” separate and outside the selling boundaries of the dealerships. This would help immensely. Unlike Indian, Polaris dealers are almost everywhere selling ATVs and Snowmobiles (aka Snowmachines in Alaska).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sad to see Falcone leave Indian. Their service dept was top notch. Cant say that about our closest alternative dealer. Been looking at an FTR closely, but no longer. I think I bought my last Indian clothing, maybe for good, and hanging on to my Harley stuff. Love my 2014, but lack of quality dealerships with competent service departments and PI's inaction to address it are concerning. They may have a great product, but lack of support is a deal breaker on a future Indian for me.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts