Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who manufactures the helmets for Indian?

Reactions: Bigo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I googled it but got nothing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the full face Indian helmet. Not sure where to get replacement shields and such.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Does anyone know who manufactures the helmets for Indian?
""Believe it or not, it is a Chinese company -- Not Bell, called Foshan Nanhai Xinyuan Helmets Company.""

Information posted in another forum

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
""Believe it or not, it is a Chinese company -- Not Bell, called Foshan Nanhai Xinyuan Helmets Company.""

Information posted in another forum
Geez...is Polaris buying all their parts and accessories from China? They are charging "Made In USA" prices. So, maybe can lower the prices or give some of the business to USA suppliers? Now...I'm not trying to start a rant and I know it's a world market, but lets add a little "balance" to where you are sourcing materials, Polaris.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Geez...is Polaris buying all their parts and accessories from China? They are charging "Made In USA" prices. So, maybe can lower the prices or give some of the business to USA suppliers? Now...I'm not trying to start a rant and I know it's a world market, but lets add a little "balance" to where you are sourcing materials, Polaris.
Yeah, I don't know if that is accurate or not because I've heard Bell mentioned several times as the maker of Indian branded helmets. I just googled it and that post popped up. The poster also advised to check the tag in the helmet.

Who knows, this Chinese outfit may have made the helmets for Bell.

Anyway, it makes getting replacement parts all that much more difficult. I don't know if Indian sells replacement shields for their helmets....can you say BACK ORDERED?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to contact my dealer and see if he can get replacement parts. I will let you guys know what I find out. Thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Not sure who makes them. I have the Indian full face and the label says "Made in China."

Reactions: Bigo

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
$79 is far, far from a "made in USA" price

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I paid $200 for the helmet. It's a nice helet, I like it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My Dealer told me new helmets are coming as part of the Indian Spring apparel collection. Dealers saw and placed their orders back in September or October. She told me great stuff is coming including really cool leather covered helmets.

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
My Dealer told me new helmets are coming as part of the Indian Spring apparel collection. Dealers saw and placed their orders back in September or October. She told me great stuff is coming including really cool leather covered helmets.
!!! In Desert tan I hope!

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
Not for me then I would have to dye it to match the saddle & bags
Ken - that would be the Distressed Tan leather. 2015 is Desert Tan. But you're right. The new leather still will probably fade. My dealer told me today that the new leather only reduces fading by 40%. After summer, probably a bunch are going to start groaning again. But as you once posted, maintenance and care is definitely part of the experience, so enjoy it.:)

·
Registered
958 Posts
My girlfriend has the indian full face helmet. Very nice looking and has a lot of features for the money. Drop down sunglasses are really appreciated. Well vented, very stylish. The only problem to look for is the paint may bubble up on side of chin guard have seen a few with that problem. Tan interior would not stay clean with me, but is fine for her. I ride everyday I can whereas she's a weekend rider at best. Can't wait for spring, should be here in 6 or 7 months !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts