Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been trying for almost a tear to wear the indian half helmet bb-02 and i have to say it is a waste of 100 bucks it is the most uncomfortable helmet ive ever own after less then a hr of riding your upper forehead feels like its on fire the dumbass that made these helmets put the threads right where they rub on your forehead would never buy again....just my thoughts

·
Bronze member
2,001 Posts
so ive been trying for almost a tear to wear the indian half helmet bb-02 and i have to say it is a waste of 100 bucks it is the most uncomfortable helmet ive ever own after less then a hr of riding your upper forehead feels like its on fire the dumbass that made these helmets put the threads right where they rub on your forehead would never buy again....just my thoughts
Chinese have small heads---jusayun

·
Rider
1,151 Posts
Its not totally your helmets fault guys.
Indian Helmets did look really cheesey to me but its the pressure points of your head which is causing the discomfort.
It would appear your head is more round than the helmets shape causing you grief.
Dont know what shape the lid was but an example is your head= medium round.
Indian Helmet= oval.
I would be willing to bet front and back areas were so tight and the sides you could probably put a finger or two in there.
This type of matchup would cause that " on fire" feeling.

·
Founding member
951 Posts
Always had problems. Finding a helmet that fits correctly. The best one I ever found. Is the Bell Custom 500 An actual picture of me.

·
Rider
1,151 Posts
One way to get further information of your head shape is put on a thin stocking or similar tightness so your skull shape shows and sit down somewhere and have someone take a snapshot of your top of noggin.

·
Rider
1,576 Posts
I have had just the opposite experience with the Indian branded half helmet I bought. It has a knob in the back so I could get just the perfect fit and the visor keeps me from getting the sunglass / helmet headache. When it’s dusk I can adjust the helmet with a 1/4 turn and my clear safety glasses are no issue. I think helmets are as subjective as aftermarket seats. Ultimate, Corbin, Mustang. A persons build may find one more comfortable than the other. Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience.

·
Bronze member
2,628 Posts
Helmets, handlebars, boots, and seats...you’ll never make one that fits everyone. I have a Voss half helmet that works for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts