Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bronze member
4,870 Posts
indian grips worth it, not base the others with logo.?

That's really up to the riders opinion. Avon makes good grips. The Challenger uses the same grips at the 2018 and after Chieftain/Roadmaster bikes do. So anything that will fit a 2018+ Chieftain/Roadmaster will fit the Challenger.

The Indian grips are purely more cosmetic than function and they do look nice. I actually had a pair but later went with some Avon grips which are larger in diameter and have a thicker cushion.

If you want heated, your stuck with the plain factory heated grips.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,166 Posts
Yes, but the grip puppies big paw grips work to make the grips more comfortable, and still let the heat through, so that's one option. Just put some on last week.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,166 Posts
They do for the Scout. They did for the 111 but they have disappeared. They had their own control switch and weren't completely plug and play.
I emailed them recently. They pulled them, as they required hollow bars. They are still available if you can verify the handlebars are hollow inside. Then you can call to order....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's really up to the riders opinion. Avon makes good grips. The Challenger uses the same grips at the 2018 and after Chieftain/Roadmaster bikes do. So anything that will fit a 2018+ Chieftain/Roadmaster will fit the Challenger.

The Indian grips are purely more cosmetic than function and they do look nice. I actually had a pair but later went with some Avon grips which are larger in diameter and have a thicker cushion.

I have 20 challenger, do you know part # that will fit. ?
Thanks.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Makes no sense since all the 111 bikes bars are hollow inside
The bikes from 2018 with the new style grip are not hollow inside the grip portion on the right. Perhaps that's what they are referring to.

The throttle mechanism is inside the bar and locates into a slot in the outer end of the grip. It's hollow from the switch block for the wiring.

·
Bronze member
4,870 Posts
The bikes from 2018 with the new style grip are not hollow inside the grip portion on the right. Perhaps that's what they are referring to.

The throttle mechanism is inside the bar and locates into a slot in the outer end of the grip. It's hollow from the switch block for the wiring.
They are hollow, but like you said the throttle switch is located in that area. Which apparently is an issue with their heated grip design

1 - 12 of 12 Posts