Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my welcome kit from Indian today; purchased bike early Oct. 2014. The clock looks cool but doesn't work and no obvious way to get it out. Anybody else have to deal with this?
Thanks.

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
There is a clear plastic clip you must pull off to start the clock. I left mine on so the battery won't run down.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Very gently pull the clock out of the tank with a knife, set the clock to the correct time, pull the plastic tab out and push the set button in, all done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The clock is really stuck in the tank as if it were glued, but I figured it had to come out.
Thanks for the replies and no, I didn't take a pic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got mine yesterday also, nice package. But the glass crystal on the clock is broken. Oh well called Polaris to see who I talk re replacement. Clock does come out of tank

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got mine yesterday also, nice package. But the glass crystal on the clock is broken. Oh well called Polaris to see who I talk re replacement. Clock does come out of tank
Got mine also. You would think some type of documentation or something before someone takes a hammer to it. It be pretty though

·
Registered
335 Posts
Clocks are all red I believe. If y'all can't get that plastic clock out you will have real problems doing simple things like removing the Roadmadter tour pak.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Use the dental floss method. Wrap the floss around the chrome bezel and gradually work it behind the ring. Once you have created a narrow space the bezel can be gripped and the clock removed. Set clock and remove plastic clip, push in set button and the clock should work. Good luck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Clocks are all red I believe. If y'all can't get that plastic clock out you will have real problems doing simple things like removing the Roadmadter tour pak.
I don;t know about the Springfield blue, but the clocks come in Red and Black.
I have a red Vintage I received a red clock and a friend has a black classic and received a black clock, may be we were lucky that they matched the bikes we have

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine was sitting at my front door yesterday when I returned home from two weeks away. Surprised to say the least, as I haven't had my Vintage but about two months.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I like the clocks, they look cool. A nice gift from Polaris.

·
Registered
160 Posts
THats funny, I don't care who ya are!

And I am mechanically challenged. All my friends know I'm a rider, not a wrench.

It took me a few minutes of " observation" before I pulled out the pocketknife.

It was a nice present from Polaris.

Jefe

·
Registered
87 Posts
I framed mine and hung it in my garage.

Clock is on my desk. Matches the color of my bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

Looks great Carl :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

Kinda a neat idea, didn't even take mine outta the box since I had no idea what to do with it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts