Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Indian gets it. Great videos

7K views 33 replies 27 participants last post by  Bird Dog 
#1 · (Edited)
No Hollywood actors here. Also younger riders.

#2 ·
Yeah, I've been checking out these videos. They've got some really nice content for people looking at bikes to check out for what I'm sure will have been a minimum cost.

#6 ·
I really like the new Chief except for that weird rear fender, it looks misplaced and out of proportion.

Still, considering one unless I stick to my previous plan and get a Springfield Darkhorse. In a perfect world I'd get both! Maybe one day.
My wife totally hates on the rear fender!!! I will be subject to abusive speech if I bring one of these home!

#5 ·
I own a new Chief. I took delivery last Saturday 3/27. I have 350 miles on the bike. So far it has exceeded my expectations. Indian got it “right” with this bike. No one who has seen the bike has anything negative to say. It just flat out looks cool. With a 116 stuffed into a sub 700 package it is a hot rod. My performance upgrades will be delivered the first week of May. (Forward facing intake and Stage1 pipes.) I posted a review and more pics on “Just put a deposit down on a new Chief” thread. I now have the tires scrubbed in and the Night Dragons work very well. Much stickier than the Rubber on my Vintage. I have scraped the feelers a time or two!
Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank

#13 ·
Yep, also in the "hate the fenders" camp. Just not a fan of the bobber look at all. Agree with above poster who said if they were to come out with a full-fender model, I would be pretty tempted. Would think they would have at least gone that route on the Super Chief models.

#14 ·
1) “High apes” are an available option from Indian on the Chief Bobber.
I chose the “mini apes” due to severe injuries I sustained in a motorcycle crash on October 2, 2019. I have a lot of titanium and plates in both arms and my wrists were both shattered. I’m healed now but still get very sore on longer rides.
2) Short Bobber rear fender suits me fine.
I also own a Vintage with full Art Deco fenders front and rear. As you know it is also heavily chromed. That is why I chose the Chief Bobber Dark Horse. I wanted something that is “completely different” from what I already own. (I also own a FTR-RR). The Chief is my “bar hopping - hot rod”. The Vintage is my “couch on wheels” Sunday cruiser and the FTR is my “sport bike”.

#18 ·
Maybe it is just me but I watched the girl in the second video. Talk about distracted driving, doing a video as she is driving to the airport?! It is bad enough driving and talking on the phone, this takes it to another level of distracted driving. Is this the new norm? Dean

#19 ·
Motorcycle vloginng is a huge thing there are even companies who specifically make products to help accomplish it. All those reviewers in the video are known YouTube motorcycle vloggers.

Indian recognizes this and that's why they were invited to for the test ride event. They have significantly more influence than Jason Momona or Aerosmith on motorcycles.

#20 ·
I think Indian is hitting it out of the park this year like never before, especially on the marketing side. Besides doing something genuinely fun and generous by inviting all of these folks out on a beautiful ride and covering their travel/accommodations, talk about cheap and strategic targeted advertising. Motovlogging has blown up on YouTube, Indian is skipping the billboard and commercial foreplay to go straight to the riders.

#25 ·
Ah! So THIS was the group of Indian riders my wife told me she saw around here in Sedona a week ago or so, eh?!

Yeah, it's nice to see these younger riders giving us their impressions of Indian's latest models.

(...and thus giving hope that motorcycling isn't going the way of the dodo bird anytime soon)

#28 ·
The bike is great, much needed in the lineup. And the videos are awesome. My complaint is that Indian has raised the prices where their bikes are more expensive that Harleys. That's a bad call. I am sure the prices were less a few weeks back. Wth???

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.