Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think Indian is hitting it out of the park this year like never before, especially on the marketing side. Besides doing something genuinely fun and generous by inviting all of these folks out on a beautiful ride and covering their travel/accommodations, talk about cheap and strategic targeted advertising. Motovlogging has blown up on YouTube, Indian is skipping the billboard and commercial foreplay to go straight to the riders.
It is a brilliant marketing move.

As for the fender, bleh, but it’s growing on me... but this bike isn’t aimed at me. They’re going after younger crowd which loves the bob. My wife really likes it.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,619 Posts
Motorcycle vloginng is a huge thing there are even companies who specifically make products to help accomplish it. All those reviewers in the video are known YouTube motorcycle vloggers.

Indian recognizes this and that's why they were invited to for the test ride event. They have significantly more influence than Jason Momona or Aerosmith on motorcycles.
Did not say anything about the motorcycle vlogging. There you have a camera above your helmet and speaking into a mic in your helmet. I’m talking about recording and looking at your camera while driving a car. She was smart enough to be wearing sun glasses so you can’t see how much she is looking at her phone while recording the video but she tilts her head towards the camera most of the time while driving. To me that is the epitome of distracted driving. Dean

·
Bronze member
3,414 Posts
I had to quit watching MK 87... does the dude know it's a 6 speed transmission?... hell he only went into 4th gear when the damn idiot warning light came on to shift...

Reactions: NatEDred

·
Bronze member
1,333 Posts
Ah! So THIS was the group of Indian riders my wife told me she saw around here in Sedona a week ago or so, eh?!

Yeah, it's nice to see these younger riders giving us their impressions of Indian's latest models.

(...and thus giving hope that motorcycling isn't going the way of the dodo bird anytime soon)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I watched two of these. Maybe I’m old, but I would really like less music and more info. Tell me about vibration, engine heat, fuel economy. Maybe I should start a vlog for geezers...
You'll get the most information from the Brandon Bicasso video, but you'll probably be bothered by the music. To me, Brandon's is the best video of the bunch, more comprehensive information & the music is much better.

Ride On...

·
Registered
18 Posts
The bike is great, much needed in the lineup. And the videos are awesome. My complaint is that Indian has raised the prices where their bikes are more expensive that Harleys. That's a bad call. I am sure the prices were less a few weeks back. Wth???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the "hate that rear fender" camp, too. I hated it on my Bobber and was one of the reasons I got rid of it and got the regular Scout to add to my stable for a commuter bike. If Indian comes out with that mid-size bike with longer fenders, I might be persuaded to trade my Springfield and Scout in on one do-it-all kind of bike.
You are right. They should have used a full fender similar to the Scout fender. Save the chopped for the Bobber.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts