Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, I've been checking out these videos. They've got some really nice content for people looking at bikes to check out for what I'm sure will have been a minimum cost.

·
Registered
47 Posts
agreed! this seems like a pivotal year with the revamped FTR and new Chief for them to really grow tenfold.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Indian Vintage, 2019 Indian FTR-RR, 1977 Yamaha XS750
263 Posts
I own a new Chief. I took delivery last Saturday 3/27. I have 350 miles on the bike. So far it has exceeded my expectations. Indian got it “right” with this bike. No one who has seen the bike has anything negative to say. It just flat out looks cool. With a 116 stuffed into a sub 700 package it is a hot rod. My performance upgrades will be delivered the first week of May. (Forward facing intake and Stage1 pipes.) I posted a review and more pics on “Just put a deposit down on a new Chief” thread. I now have the tires scrubbed in and the Night Dragons work very well. Much stickier than the Rubber on my Vintage. I have scraped the feelers a time or two!
AD4BBD40-EBB2-4096-918D-2B411DCD95BD.jpeg

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I really like the new Chief except for that weird rear fender, it looks misplaced and out of proportion.

Still, considering one unless I stick to my previous plan and get a Springfield Darkhorse. In a perfect world I'd get both! Maybe one day.
My wife totally hates on the rear fender!!! I will be subject to abusive speech if I bring one of these home!

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
479 Posts
Still, considering one unless I stick to my previous plan and get a Springfield Darkhorse
It's too early for me to start thinking about another bike, but originally wanted a Springfield DH as it gives me the option over my FTR for longer day trips and just general cruising, I am now considering the Chief Limited with the touring gear instead. Need to take them both for a test ride but I'm afraid if I do, I'd be adding another bike to the garage sooner than my wife would like!

·
Registered
Dark Horse
233 Posts
It's too early for me to start thinking about another bike, but originally wanted a Springfield DH as it gives me the option over my FTR for longer day trips and just general cruising, I am now considering the Chief Limited with the touring gear instead. Need to take them both for a test ride but I'm afraid if I do, I'd be adding another bike to the garage sooner than my wife would like!
I got to see the SF DH and Chief DH side by side in the same color in Daytona. I was asked to ride them back to back but I'd driven all night, hadn't slept, and had several mimosas with breakfast so I declined. lol Then 5 inches of rain and 3 inches of hail was released from the heavens.

·
Registered
477 Posts
My wife totally hates on the rear fender!!! I will be subject to abusive speech if I bring one of these home!
I'm in the "hate that rear fender" camp, too. I hated it on my Bobber and was one of the reasons I got rid of it and got the regular Scout to add to my stable for a commuter bike. If Indian comes out with that mid-size bike with longer fenders, I might be persuaded to trade my Springfield and Scout in on one do-it-all kind of bike.

·
Rider
1,001 Posts
I'm strongly thinking about the bobber. Throw some high apes on it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yep, also in the "hate the fenders" camp. Just not a fan of the bobber look at all. Agree with above poster who said if they were to come out with a full-fender model, I would be pretty tempted. Would think they would have at least gone that route on the Super Chief models.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Indian Vintage, 2019 Indian FTR-RR, 1977 Yamaha XS750
263 Posts
1) “High apes” are an available option from Indian on the Chief Bobber.
I chose the “mini apes” due to severe injuries I sustained in a motorcycle crash on October 2, 2019. I have a lot of titanium and plates in both arms and my wrists were both shattered. I’m healed now but still get very sore on longer rides.
2) Short Bobber rear fender suits me fine.
I also own a Vintage with full Art Deco fenders front and rear. As you know it is also heavily chromed. That is why I chose the Chief Bobber Dark Horse. I wanted something that is “completely different” from what I already own. (I also own a FTR-RR). The Chief is my “bar hopping - hot rod”. The Vintage is my “couch on wheels” Sunday cruiser and the FTR is my “sport bike”.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I really like the new Chief except for that weird rear fender, it looks misplaced and out of proportion.

Still, considering one unless I stick to my previous plan and get a Springfield Darkhorse. In a perfect world I'd get both! Maybe one day.
Just wait for Dirty Bird to get a hold of it

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,619 Posts
No Hollywood actors here. Also younger riders.

Maybe it is just me but I watched the girl in the second video. Talk about distracted driving, doing a video as she is driving to the airport?! It is bad enough driving and talking on the phone, this takes it to another level of distracted driving. Is this the new norm? Dean

·
Bronze member
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe it is just me but I watched the girl in the second video. Talk about distracted driving, doing a video as she is driving to the airport?! It is bad enough driving and talking on the phone, this takes it to another level of distracted driving. Is this the new norm? Dean

Motorcycle vloginng is a huge thing there are even companies who specifically make products to help accomplish it. All those reviewers in the video are known YouTube motorcycle vloggers.

Indian recognizes this and that's why they were invited to for the test ride event. They have significantly more influence than Jason Momona or Aerosmith on motorcycles.

·
Bronze member
2019 FTR 1200
1,287 Posts
I think Indian is hitting it out of the park this year like never before, especially on the marketing side. Besides doing something genuinely fun and generous by inviting all of these folks out on a beautiful ride and covering their travel/accommodations, talk about cheap and strategic targeted advertising. Motovlogging has blown up on YouTube, Indian is skipping the billboard and commercial foreplay to go straight to the riders.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts