Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Indian Full-Face and Modular Helmets

12840 Views 33 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  ScottIke
I currently use my Nolan Outlaw modular helmet, and am looking for a new modular or preferably full face helmet.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Indian full face helmets, the black/red, the Black (Freeway), or the new Modular helmet.

I searched the forum and couldn't find any threads or reviews of those helmets.

I would appreciate any feedback or input.

Thank you.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
I have the black full face. So far I've been very pleased with it. I got a very good deal on it when I purchased the bike and it has some great features. The visor is nice and the helmet handles the wind very well.

· Registered
212 Posts
I have the Indian branded one that came with my new Scout deal. Love how it color matched the bike and have Indian branding on it. Feels great and works well on keeping my 108 db exhaust out of my ears :eek:. Modern helmet features and quiet for a bike with no windscreen going highway speeds.

· Banned
248 Posts
I bought this one just to get me home when I bought the bike. I came directly from the airport and didn't have my helmet. I had a Sena 10S put on it.

But I picked up this ICON for a full face helmet for my Dark Horse.

But neither work as well as the Arai I use on my GS Adventure bike...

· Registered
528 Posts
I have the full face helmet (red, black, tan). I've had it for two years and the outer material on the liner around neck is coming off...and I am one smooth faced, non facial hair stud muffin. Also, the red fabric strap attached to the release buckle came off the first year I had it. It's comfortable and thank God I haven't had to test the crash worthiness of it.

It came with a fog shield add on aftermarket thing that came off the first time I tried to clean the visor. I never pit it back on and the visit doesn't really fog up any worse.

I like it overall.

· Bronze member
2017 Icon Roadmaster, 2022 Super Chief Limited 116
1,944 Posts
Can't help much except to say that EVERY Indian branded helmet I tried had a size rating that was too small. The XXL is really a XL, etc. Returned 2 helmets after wearing (indoors) for about an hour. And yeah . . . I tested while on the forum. (me, two years ago) . . . .

View attachment 377200

This what happens during winter months . . . :eek:
I actually love my Indian shell helmet with the adjustable strap inside. Plus it's not as huge as many are. Fits great, looks good as far as mat black goes and the Indian logo to boot.

· Bronze member
1,101 Posts
Just an FYI as it doesn't deal with the Indian offerings;

I already have 2 half helmets. (Scorpion and a Seer) which I'm very satisfied with.

There's two modulars that I'm currently considering. The Shark Evoline and the LS2 Valiant, "see links below". I like these two modulars above all others as they allow you to retract the chin piece all the way to the rear of the helmet turning it into a 3/4.

LS2 Valiant Helmet - RevZilla

Shark Evoline 3 ST Helmet - Solid Colors - RevZilla

· Registered
21 Posts
I have had the red and black full face helmet for 2 years. Kind of disappointed with it. Contacted indian and they gave me a $75.00 coupon because they have no parts to repair them.

Issues:
Hot spot on forehead after 2 hours of riding.
Lower cheek pad tan coloring flaked off within first year.
Can't find replacement shields or inner sun visor (has a hazing on it, I can't get rid of), even through the Chinese manufacture.

Its a good looking helmet, but I don't think it was worth the money I spent. Not be able to buy parts for it sucks. Whish they would have gone with a better known manufacturer that would carry parts.

It looks good on the shelf these days.

· Gold member
6,260 Posts
I have had the red and black full face helmet for 2 years. Kind of disappointed with it. Contacted indian and they gave me a $75.00 coupon because they have no parts to repair them.

Issues:
Hot spot on forehead after 2 hours of riding.
Lower cheek pad tan coloring flaked off within first year.
Can't find replacement shields or inner sun visor (has a hazing on it, I can't get rid of), even through the Chinese manufacture.

Its a good looking helmet, but I don't think it was worth the money I spent. Not be able to buy parts for it sucks. Whish they would have gone with a better known manufacturer that would carry parts.

It looks good on the shelf these days.
Helmets are not made by Indian, they have one of the manufactures make and paint them. As for parts and if you want to thru all that again, try checking on another manufacture for
Parts. I own 8 helmets and hate wearing them-so I don’t! I’m just
Lucky I live in a state who thinks the same way as I do. I own 2 kevlar bandannas. lol. Most motorcycle accidents the media loves to report the rider wasn’t wearing a helmet. And no mention when a rider is wearing a helmet. The majority of accidents is rider wearing a helmet. Moved out of NewYork where you have to wear a helmet, 9 years in Kentucky and no helmet laws (yea) riders choice! How it should be. Now I’m back in a state with no helmet law (yea) Again riders choice! Helmet
Laws suck-it should be ‘Riders Choice)

· Registered
34 Posts
I too bought an Indian modular, when I bought my scout in 2017. As others have said, No Support from indian at all. Replacement visors are non existent, the 2 dealers I talked to couldn't even find them in their parts computers (remember parts books?) But their always ready to sell me another one. Never again.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.