Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Rider
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use my Nolan Outlaw modular helmet, and am looking for a new modular or preferably full face helmet.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Indian full face helmets, the black/red, the Black (Freeway), or the new Modular helmet.

I searched the forum and couldn't find any threads or reviews of those helmets.

I would appreciate any feedback or input.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
5,853 Posts
Can't help much except to say that EVERY Indian branded helmet I tried had a size rating that was too small. The XXL is really a XL, etc. Returned 2 helmets after wearing (indoors) for about an hour. And yeah . . . I tested while on the forum. (me, two years ago) . . . .

Sound engineer Electronic instrument Software engineering Job

This what happens during winter months . . . :eek:

·
Registered
320 Posts
They should make them color matched other than black

·
Rider
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the all black freeway. No compliants with it. What would you like to know about it?
I just don't hear many people mention them and haven't seen any reviews about them in the forums. So was afraid I was missing something, like maybe poor quality, noisy, heavy...etc.

Also the modular, which I like the way it looks, but the built in shield button on the left seems in the way if one was to attach a comm system on the left side.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just don't hear many people mention them and haven't seen any reviews about them in the forums. So was afraid I was missing something, like maybe poor quality, noisy, heavy...etc.

Also the modular, which I like the way it looks, but the built in shield button on the left seems in the way if one was to attach a comm system on the left side.
It is my first helmet, and i like it. It has the pin lock for anti fog, sun visor, and the ratchet strap chin strap. You could probabaly get someing similar that didnt say Indian for cheaper, but it doesnt seem cheap at all.

·
Founding member
483 Posts
I have been using Shoei modular helmets for years. I recently bought an Indian modular helmet. The Indian helmet is lighter than the Shoe, and it fits slightly smaller than the Shoe does - maybe a half size smaller or less. It's comfortable, though. It's louder than the Shoei. The visor shade lever does require you to mount a helmet communicator farther back, but it fits alright. I like the chin strap latch. It releases with a pull on the latch, and ratchets in place to attach. I'd say it's well worth the money.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I currently use my Nolan Outlaw modular helmet, and am looking for a new modular or preferably full face helmet.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Indian full face helmets, the black/red, the Black (Freeway), or the new Modular helmet.

I searched the forum and couldn't find any threads or reviews of those helmets.

I would appreciate any feedback or input.

Thank you.
I bought the route modular helmet on a visit to my dealer on Veteran's Day back in November.
It was a 30 degree day out and I had absolutely no issues with the cold weather with this helmet..
We probably rode another 175 miles after leaving the dealer before I got home that evening.
Like others have said, the sizes do run small - would not buy without trying it on.
I really like the modular - would not buy a regular full face again after wearing this one.
Definitely recommend checking one out - I am very pleased with mine.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I have the black and red full face helmet, love the sun shade on the inside, never have to wear sunglasses when riding. The only complaint that I have is the face shield only has a tab on the left side, so it can be awkward opening when sitting still and holding the clutch lever in, having to reach across your face to find the tab with your right hand. Guess the designer may have been left handed. Helmet has good quality and priced right.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I use a half shell from my old Harley days, but wanted something for the cold weather days (don't laugh, it can dip into the 30's during wintertime here in Central Florida). When traveling down I-75 in 39 degree weather at 85 mph, a full face helmet is desirable.

So, I checked out available helmets and decided on this one, which looks like a badass Fighter Helmet. The Scorpion Covert.

Scorpion Covert Helmet - RevZilla

The internal sun visor works well, and has tabs on both sides, which I like. The chin guard is rubber (not a true full face, or modular) that attaches via strong locking magnet tabs. Technically, it is a half shell that converts to a 3/4 shell, and has an attachable chin guard. Just what the doctor ordered!

Attachments

Reactions: hakuin

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
Helmet Motorcycle helmet Personal protective equipment Sports gear Headgear
The Hell with Indian get the Alien. I use to wear a helmet when I played hockey.

·
Bronze member
2,178 Posts
Many of the online retailers have the Shoei Neotec on sale right now. It's pretty hard to beat that helmet for comfort.

·
Bronze member
1,338 Posts
[QUOTE="Dog gone, posted... I use to wear a helmet when I played hockey.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and 'cause now days those cars out there never come at ya NEARLY as fast as those hockey pucks used to, huh DG! ;)

(...riiiiiiight)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have used both full face and modular full face for snowmobiling. After going from full face to modular, I would never go back. I have had G-max and HJC. The HJC is the best quality of those two brands. On the bike I have the Indian Red/Black 3/4, and a couple quality half helmets. My only complaint is that the visor on the Indian helmet rattles so I'm looking for a visor that doesn't rattle on the snaps. I love it otherwise. I have a Fulmar full face for the bike, but I have only used it once on a very cold day. I had to go up to the Indian shop (~25 miles one way) for the fuel rail recall. I know the fulmar is not modular or of high quality but, I just got it if I needed to ride on a really cold day. It was inexpensive, but it fits good, is quiet, warm and fine for the little use it gets.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts