Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen the Indian Dakota 4 built in Scotland? It looks pretty good, my understanding is it is built using some bmw parts ( shaft drive ) and the engine uses some Volvo parts. It is air cooled and looks right. Don't know if they still make them anymore or not, but you could only buy one in Scotland. Look up Indian Dakota 4 and check it out. I'm going to hold out for one from Polaris, if that happens and I can sell everything I own.

·
Registered
738 Posts
ROADDAWG, very interesting info. Thanks for posting. With their great history, it's not surprising that some many people are fascinated by the Indian brand!

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
Anyone seen the Indian Dakota 4 built in Scotland? It looks pretty good, my understanding is it is built using some bmw parts ( shaft drive ) and the engine uses some Volvo parts. It is air cooled and looks right. Don't know if they still make them anymore or not, but you could only buy one in Scotland. Look up Indian Dakota 4 and check it out. I'm going to hold out for one from Polaris, if that happens and I can sell everything I own.
Very interesting indeed . . .

With the Slingshot 4-cylinder, a new model with shaft-drive is a very real possibility.
Slingshot Powertrain.jpg
Indian Dakota 4.jpg

·
Registered
638 Posts
That is one big block. The slingshot Idea is interesting for the shaft. Lots of possibilities but I think Indian needs to go with high tech low weight high-strength materials and they probably have the engineers to do it.
IMG_2085.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts