Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there with these factory pipes? If so, how do they perform & how loud are they?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the fish tails/ shark fins - not too loud, not too soft, to me - just right. Like everything except when I walk into them in the garage. Ouch.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have the fishtails and love the retro look and the loud sound. Wife thinks they're too loud but they are just right for this tin ear. Would get the 6 shooters also but too expensive to have both. Can be unscrewed and swapped easy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the fish tails/ shark fins - not too loud, not too soft, to me - just right. Like everything except when I walk into them in the garage. Ouch.
Agreed!
I have the stage 1 with fish tails, they sound great, not too loud and the look fits the nostalgia of the bike. The one draw back is you will have to learn to walk around them when going behind the bike I have plenty of scars on my shins from them, they will draw blood.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Before investing in new pipes, listen to the stock pipes with the baffle plugs removed. I reckon they sound great, and cost = $0

·
Registered
433 Posts
None of the offerings from Indian are too loud, none. Stage 1 with six shooter tips are throatier than Fish Tails. Fish Tails are more classic look. I got six shooters they sound great but are not like a Harley.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I only like fishtails on straight pipes. To me, they don't look right on a fat muffler. I would really hate avoiding them all the time with my shins.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I only like fishtails on straight pipes. To me, they don't look right on a fat muffler. I would really hate avoiding them all the time with my shins.
I agree only look correct on straight pipes (IMO). I hade them on a 95 road king and loved them. I opted for the extreme. going with dirty bird peice pipe. I like loud. My highball has ground pounders. That bike sounds nasty, hoping for the same effect on the Vintage. I know it takes away from the classic look but I likes what I likes, lol

1 - 20 of 89 Posts