Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to order the drag bars for my Scout. Are they shipping them regularly now, or is there still a wait?

Oh, and Happy New Year!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm wanting to order the drag bars for my Scout. Are they shipping them regularly now, or is there still a wait?

Oh, and Happy New Year!!!
It seems real spotty. Hatt got his but I am still waiting since end of August. Indian says they are out right now. I haven't had my dealer inquire yet but I will be making that call this week. It's too cold here to do anything anyway, so I'm in no big hurry.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems real spotty. Hatt got his but I am still waiting since end of August. Indian says they are out right now. I haven't had my dealer inquire yet but I will be making that call this week. It's too cold here to do anything anyway, so I'm in no big hurry.
Hmm...hopefully they'll start churning them out faster. It's currently 63 and sunny, so I wouldn't want to put them on until February anyway (when it actually gets cold here). Thanks

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
I'm beginning to think the best tactic would be to start inquiring dealers weather they have them sitting, there and order from them.. or, get in touch with either your dealer or Polaris and have them do that foot work.... it ridiculous that we have to go through this, but at this point, as much as I hate this cliche, "it is what it is"..
At this point, of the various bars I've tried in this style, the thoughtful design if the bars already feel much better then the ones I've tried. I feel it's worth either some effort or wait, what ever is chosen..still sucks that this is how it plays out....

·
Registered
105 Posts
They do not fit on ABS equipped Scouts due to the master cylinder and front brake line fitment being different than non ABS Scouts.

I contacted Nash motorcycle and looks like they have a dragbar from scout. 31.5, 4.5 inch tall once.

Also, they are making a mid control for scout too.

Regards,
Rajesh

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
What is the reason for that?
Anyone know yet?
Have the same question. The difference between an ABS BIKE and one without should be zip at the handlebar end,.....
Alpal

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
They do not fit on ABS equipped Scouts due to the master cylinder and front brake line fitment being different than non ABS Scouts.

I contacted Nash motorcycle and looks like they have a dragbar from scout. 31.5, 4.5 inch tall once.

Also, they are making a mid control for scout too.

Regards,
Rajesh
Ok people, we need a pic of an abs master cylinder and a non abs master cylinder,....this is intriguing!
Alpal

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Have the same question. The difference between an ABS BIKE and one without should be zip at the handlebar end,.....
Alpal
The only thing that would prevent it in my eyes is if the abs requires longer control room if master cyl. On abs is longer.. other that's that, I can only assume it's the drilling for control tube location. Which would be easy fix.
Also keep in mind, the website says they don't fit on my '15.. I beg to differ! Lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
@Alpal- I am a techy and here to learn from the gurus .. I love the drag bars . With the DS classic shock installed , I was looking at 1920 saddle seat and these bars. To my disappointment, I got to know this couple of days back. Hence looking for other options in the market.

Regards,
Rajesh

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
FYI guys, the victory octane (slightly cheaper) drag bars do not fit on the scout either...
The knurled areas completely miss the handlebsr clamps...
Great post! Though I don't think the knurling being off is deal breaker.. I've had BMX bars (mega force on bars in that App.) With no knurling.. with out issue.. I think that may come down to being an appearance issue. As long as the center bar fits the scout neck, I think it would be just fine in that parameter.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah i suppose you could paint that area black to camouflage it but i just sent them back and waiting for the scout drsg bars... never heard about the ABS issue but ill as my dealer tomorrow as my EU model has ABS

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Yeah i suppose you could paint that area black to camouflage it but i just sent them back and waiting for the scout drsg bars... never heard about the ABS issue but ill as my dealer tomorrow as my EU model has ABS
Sweet you an abs owner. Can you grab a pic of your control /grip length and how they executed the brake line from M.C.?
I'll do the same on my non ABS shortly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I live in Canada and ordered the Indian drag bars directly from Indian, online. Ordered Sunday Jan 15. Got shipping notice on Monday Jan 16. When I check tracking it's been in a "Electronic information submitted by shipper" state for the past 5 days... sigh...

1 - 20 of 106 Posts