Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Indian enthusiasts. Since the intro of the Scout and my pre-order, I've been checking out everything I could find on the internet. Just came across this an hour ago during one of my searches. The Antique Automobile Club of America Museum in Hershey is very cool and they change up their displays quite often. Well, coincidentally, one of their current displays is titled "Indian Nation: Indian Motorcycles and America". The description sounds great. It is running from March 28 thru Octobr 24, 2014. I haven't seen this exhibit myself but as I said, it sounds great - and regardless, the museum is a great view even without the Indian exhibit, so I don't think you can go wrong. If you're in the area, you may want to check it out. We're going asap!

See more here: Indian Nation: Indian Motorcycles and America - AACA Museum

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Agree the AACA Museum is a must see...especially with the current Indian Nation display. I used to go there (13 years of visits) for the Annual AACA Fall Meet and swap meet in Hershey. It's a great event, but know that you will find it almost impossible to visit Hershey at that time because traffic is impossible and rooms are impossible to find. So, plan accordingly...but don't miss the museum if you are in the area!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,112 Posts
+1 for it being a must see. I went with my son and brother in law a couple of weeks ago. Definitely worth the trip even if you have to make it an overnight excursion.

And if you're in the area, there is another "must see" an hour and a half north in Bloomsburg PA called Bill's Old Bike Barn Welcome to Bills Old Bike Barn

Of course if you can spare an extra half an hour for the trip there are some awesome back roads in between Hershey and Bloomsburg, especially if you're on your scoot. My favorite are Gold Mine Rd and PA Rt 125. There is also a covered bridge off Rt 42 between Catawissa and Bloomsburg on Train Street if you like that kind of thing.

Here is a Google Map of a suggested route for those who are thinking about it.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Bil...11630b7f0f6e!2m2!1d-76.690212!2d40.298983!3e0

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Goatlocker95, I cannot agree with you more on Bill's! What a sleeper of a place. I've taken several people there and even non-bike and non-car people are blown away by it! And it's super inexpensive. Oh, and yeah, 125 and Goldmine Road are both great. I start 125 just north of Pine Grove - plus routes 443 and 895 and Sweet Arrow Lake Road, all starting in Pine Grove are fantastic! Some of my favorite roads.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I went there 3 week ago. Great display of Indian motorcycles. If you get thursty, down the road approx 7 miles is Troeg's Brewery another must see... Its above Hershey Park

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally made it up to the exhibit I posted about on 9/16/14. A dreary rainy day in central PA so I thought it was a perfect day to see the Indian Motorcycle exhibit. It ends on 10/24/14 so if you want to see it, you'll have to hurry. Definitely worth it! An entire room dedicated to the Indian exhibit - 24 bikes and 1 Indian bicycle in the exhibit room plus a perfect 101 Scout in the lobby. Each bike has a display card breifly describing the motorcycle. In addtion to the bikes, they have some glass display cabinets with Indian related items. One display case has 5 different engines and descriptions and history of each. I've attached just a few photos to whet your appetite. Take care. Indian MC Exhibit Hershey AACA 084.JPG Indian MC Exhibit Hershey AACA 067.JPG Indian MC Exhibit Hershey AACA 068.JPG Indian MC Exhibit Hershey AACA 065.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Isn't it something like $5 to get into Bill's?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Haven't been there in years. The museum wasn't built yet. Going in the store was the experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts