Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I do not have one for sale but I will say that I do really like having mine. My ex-girlfriend bought me mine for Christmas and the dealership tried to talk her out of it. Said that most riders do not have one and there isn't much point. I can say that I use mine every trip that I pack my trunk and I enjoy being able to open the trunk, grab the bag and go. Same can be said for the saddlebag bags as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you can't find used, Part Shark might be a good option for somewhat discounted price. I really like mine, along with the Indian fitted Saddle Bag insert units! I got a great deal on my internal luggage items at Indian of Shreveport, at the end of the "riding season." Fortunately for me, I can ride year round in southern Texas, so the discount came at a great time for me to load up my camping gear in the bags and hit the sparsely used state parks!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I couldnt justify the cost of the Indian trunk and saddle bag liners so went to my local discount store and got canvas bags for the saddlebags and a sports bag for the trunk. Total cost NZD$60 rather than over $300 for the branded luggage. Works perfectly well. Just because i am a tight ass. Lol

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
I have two. Search the part number on INDIAN'S site. Copy and paste into Amazon's search. There are 5 or 6 Indian dealerships on there. You'll have it in two days if you have prime. Most are easy to work with. I like to buy consistently from 1 or 2 if they carry what I'm looking for.
I pay no shipping or sales tax thus far even though we like most states have several Amazon distribution centers. Missouri, thus far only taxes if its shipped from within Missouri borders to within the state.

I am particularly fond of Twig, Charlotte and Moms South.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had great luck in person with Twig -- they are in Maryland, IIRC.

This is a good point -- sometimes I find better deals searching Amazon or even just Google, rather than dealers, Indian, etc. I use both Part Shark and Cheap Cycle Parts sometimes; but sometimes the prices are great until you add shipping and tax -- then it is the same as dealer retail.

Another great dealership to work with on specials, orders, and creative coupon applications is Indian Motorcycles of Green Bay, Wisconsin. Ask for Red, or Connie.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I couldnt justify the cost of the Indian trunk and saddle bag liners so went to my local discount store and got canvas bags for the saddlebags and a sports bag for the trunk. Total cost NZD$60 rather than over $300 for the branded luggage. Works perfectly well. Just because i am a tight ass. Lol
Price is definitely a consideration on pretty much any accessory for our bikes. If I hadn't found such great deals on the luggage liners at various dealerships as related to model year changeovers, I would have followed your example. In some ways, the Indian luggage liners make the least amount of sense -- they are basic cotton canvas bags, with one small, open-top pocket on the side. I find the pocket works great for my insurance and registration paperwork, but little else. Where the liners are genius, is their fitment and utility. They work better than I thought, making great use of the useable volume of the hard bags, while not interfering with the latches.

I keep my raingear, seat covers, and extra gloves in one side; and some maintenance tools, cleaning supplies, and half-helmet in the other. There is room left over to add change of clothes and toiletries for overnight trips.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Anyone have one laying around they want to sell?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have one for a Victory Vision, bigger than the RM, but it’s new, in the box

1 - 14 of 14 Posts