Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indian-Motorcycle-Dealer.jpg

Powersports Business said:
Indian grand opening
Indian Motorcycle of Mineola in New York will host its grand opening June 24-28. It’s the first Indian dealership in metro NYC/Long Island and joins Yamaha, Suzuki, Can-Am and Victory on the dealership’s lineup. Door prizes, demo rides and more will be part of the event. The first 52 customers to go to the dealership’s website receive a free pair of JVC ear buds.

Another new Indian dealer
Grand Prix Motorsports in Colorado has taken on a new name with the addition of Indian Motorcycle to the dealership. Indian Motorcycle of the Rockies celebrated its grand opening last month. The dealership also sells motorcycles, ATVs, side-by-sides, scooters and PWC from Kawasaki, Polaris, Suzuki and Yamaha. Upstairs in the same building, Warhorse Firearms of the Rockies is part of the group and celebrated its grand opening, with each customer receiving an entry at the door to win a SCCY 9MM handgun or a Yeti cooler. The store features 1,100 guns in stock.
Dealership Great Ideas ? June 18, 2014 | Powersports Business
A major stumbling block that has been facing the Indian Brand has been the roll out of dealer space. Many potential Indian Owners find themselves hundreds of miles away from their nearest dealer. While that is not a huge problem, the peace of mind that comes when parts and service is right down the road definitely factors in.

Large remodels and dealership build-outs that are befitting one of the most prestigious brands in all of motorcycling has taken time to complete, but with new dealerships opening every month, this will soon be a concern that is similar to the Y2K debacle. It is a big deal right now, but here in a few months, it will be a silly memory. Hard core Indian buyers are making the trek to their nearest dealership nonetheless, and Indian motorcycles are popping up all over the US and Canada because of it. Don't be the last one who is dilly dallying on the fence. Make the trip and get yours while you still can!

Attachments

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,837 Posts
I'm about 160 miles from my dealer. It is inconvenient, but thankfully, the dealer and service dept have been awesome so far. I would love to have one close by.

·
Registered
297 Posts
This is great news! I know they are trying hard to open high-end and quality showrooms across the nation and it just takes time to build them out. We should see a lot of them opening soon :D

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
In the last 5 months, two new Indian Storefronts have opened within one 1.5 hours of me each way, Indian of Killeen Texas and Mission City Indian of Boerne Texas, both owned by the same people.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Good to hear Polaris is expanding. If my bank account was large enough, i would be the next Indian dealer in Ontario Canada. I truly believe Polaris will have greater success very soon. Keep positive and listen to the customers!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Would like to see one closer for sure, but 70 miles is an easy hour away if Interstate it .. Glad to see them building up though .. Definitely Think Polaris hit a Home Run bringing the Indian Back the way it should be ..

·
Registered
716 Posts
Wish someone would open one around here. Right now closest dealer is in las Vegas, the distance is only 100 miles so that's not a problem. I would really like to be able to deal with another dealership. On a side note, have we gotten spoiled or what, dealers used to be few and far between , even for the Japanese motorcycles....

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm 140 miles from the nearest dealer, would be nice to have one closer but doubt that it will happen anytime soon.
Just to small of a market share in this neck of the woods.

·
Registered
218 Posts
In the early days of the Indian resurgence, I was told by a couple of owners of different Victory dealerships that they were very interested in having an Indian franchise but were told by Polaris Corporate that they would need a separate building, or at least separate room, to get a dealership.
Now, I see new Indian dealerships popping up at which the Indian bikes and related "stuff" are in the same showroom, although in a distinct and well-defined area. So, it seems that Polaris' Indian franchise requirements have relaxed somewhat to enable more dealers to come on board. A good thing for all of us!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
At My Dealer all the Indians, Victory's Triumphs, and Used Harleys are in One Building but in Separate Sections.. All the others are in a Different Building ..

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
This info is about one month old, but ...

AL Birminghgam
FL Daytona Beach
FL Lakeland
FL Melbourne
FL Ocala
FL Orlando
FL Pensacola
FL Pompano Beach
MD Annapolis Chesapeake Cycle
MD Frederick (3Q 2015)
MS Hattiesburg
MS Ridgeland
NC Charlotte/Lowell
NC Concord (not far from Ashville)
NC Greensboro
NC Myrtle Beach
NJ Lebanon
NJ Union
PA Elizabethtown
PA Latrobe
SC Charleston
SC Greenville
SC Greer
SC Murrels Inlet
SC Waynesville (not far from Ashville)
TN Murfreesboro
VA Fredericksburg (3Q 2015)
VA Hampton/Chesapeake
VA Norfolk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,990 Posts
This info is about one month old, but ...

AL Birminghgam
FL Daytona Beach
FL Lakeland
FL Melbourne
FL Ocala
FL Orlando
FL Pensacola
FL Pompano Beach
MD Annapolis Chesapeake Cycle
MD Frederick (3Q 2015)
MS Hattiesburg
MS Ridgeland
NC Charlotte/Lowell
NC Concord (not far from Ashville)
NC Greensboro
NC Myrtle Beach
NJ Lebanon
NJ Union
PA Elizabethtown
PA Latrobe
SC Charleston
SC Greenville
SC Greer
SC Murrels Inlet
SC Waynesville (not far from Ashville)
TN Murfreesboro
VA Fredericksburg (3Q 2015)
VA Hampton/Chesapeake
VA Norfolk
You can add St. Charles, MO to that list. They have been a dealer since early last fall. Dean E

1 - 20 of 93 Posts