Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
650 Posts
I have read this entire thread. Many of you have, but some haven't associated the dealership's names. It would be helpful to me at least, to know the names with both good and bad experiences. I have been to the dealership in Elizabethtown, PA. I only purchased a t-shirt there but they were nice to me. Prior to the visitation of pestilence upon mankind I traveled frequently in my retirement. It would be helpful to have knowledge associated with dealerships as to if they want our business. We should out the bad apples. I understand that I could have the best experience in the world with a dealer and you walk in 10 minutes later and ge the worst service, but if multiple people say either positive, or negative experiences we can make a decision based on your experiences. Around here I have had good experience with:
Freedom Cycle (AKA Indian of Halifax), Halifax Nova Scotia (unfortunately the US/Canada is closed at present so I can't get there)
Indian Motorcycle of Augusta- More of a car dealership but friendly staff and are still on a learning curve
Indian of Springfield- They get it.
When I lived in NC I exclusively used Indian of Charlotte from when it opened in 2008, until 2020 nothing against Loyd but it ain't the same place anymore that I grew accustomed to. It was the first Indian dealership in this version of Indian.I am talking about me-I know it is one of the #1 Dealerships and I wish them nothing but continued prosperity and success.
Friendship Motorsports Bristol Virginia- Good Service Department.

I hope this list is helpful. I have been to dealerships in Switzerland, England, all over Canada and US, Australia and New Zealand. I am appreciative of EVERYONE who has taken thee time to post on the subject

·
Registered
Dark Horse
272 Posts
I have read this entire thread. Many of you have, but some haven't associated the dealership's names. It would be helpful to me at least, to know the names with both good and bad experiences. I have been to the dealership in Elizabethtown, PA. I only purchased a t-shirt there but they were nice to me. Prior to the visitation of pestilence upon mankind I traveled frequently in my retirement. It would be helpful to have knowledge associated with dealerships as to if they want our business. We should out the bad apples. I understand that I could have the best experience in the world with a dealer and you walk in 10 minutes later and ge the worst service, but if multiple people say either positive, or negative experiences we can make a decision based on your experiences. Around here I have had good experience with:
Freedom Cycle (AKA Indian of Halifax), Halifax Nova Scotia (unfortunately the US/Canada is closed at present so I can't get there)
Indian Motorcycle of Augusta- More of a car dealership but friendly staff and are still on a learning curve
Indian of Springfield- They get it.
When I lived in NC I exclusively used Indian of Charlotte from when it opened in 2008, until 2020 nothing against Loyd but it ain't the same place anymore that I grew accustomed to. It was the first Indian dealership in this version of Indian.I am talking about me-I know it is one of the #1 Dealerships and I wish them nothing but continued prosperity and success.
Friendship Motorsports Bristol Virginia- Good Service Department.

I hope this list is helpful. I have been to dealerships in Switzerland, England, all over Canada and US, Australia and New Zealand. I am appreciative of EVERYONE who has taken thee time to post on the subject
Crockett in Chattanooga, TN, nothing but good experiences with buying two bikes and who knows how many parts. No service as of yet.

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
650 Posts
My wife and I were married in Chattanooga, a fine city!

·
Registered
Dark Horse
272 Posts
I should also add Indian of Daytona, FL. Wife and I have bought some shirts and a helmet there, my dad bought his FTR there. So far so good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I live in Eastern PA and there are only 3 dealers near me. The closest is an hour away and the farthest is 1.5 hours away. I have a 2015 Chief that needs several recalls done and I want some new tires put on it for the season. I have called all 3 of them multiple times requesting to set up an appointment for the services I require. Not one of them has ever returned my phone calls. In the course of 3 weeks I have called each one 6 times (twice a week) and left messages. The one dealer actually answered one time when I called and said that they needed the service manager to call me back to setup the appointment and took all my information....never called me back. I have been dealing with motorcycle dealerships for decades and have never been so poorly treated. It seems as though Polaris needs to do something here. They don't have near the dealer network of other brands and if this is how they treat customers, they won't be building Indians for long. I am seriously considering getting rid of this bike now, just for this reason. Why help a company that won't help their customers. Add to that the ridiculous price of their parts and accessories and I am starting to understand why I never see another Indian on the road. It's a shame too, I actually really like the bike and I have never been a fan of V-Twin cruisers, but I do enjoy riding this bike very much. But with this total neglect of it's customers, I'm not sure I want to support them anymore.

Just needed to rant for a moment.
Rob
You are leaving voicemail and not talking to a individual?

·
Administrator
15,864 Posts
Just wondering what happened to my reply to Mach70 from a few days ago.
I checked your history and show no deleted posts. They’re all there. Post #82 (yours) was somewhat pugilistic but it is still there. @mach1970 replied in post #89.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I live in Eastern PA and there are only 3 dealers near me. The closest is an hour away and the farthest is 1.5 hours away. I have a 2015 Chief that needs several recalls done and I want some new tires put on it for the season. I have called all 3 of them multiple times requesting to set up an appointment for the services I require. Not one of them has ever returned my phone calls. In the course of 3 weeks I have called each one 6 times (twice a week) and left messages. The one dealer actually answered one time when I called and said that they needed the service manager to call me back to setup the appointment and took all my information....never called me back. I have been dealing with motorcycle dealerships for decades and have never been so poorly treated. It seems as though Polaris needs to do something here. They don't have near the dealer network of other brands and if this is how they treat customers, they won't be building Indians for long. I am seriously considering getting rid of this bike now, just for this reason. Why help a company that won't help their customers. Add to that the ridiculous price of their parts and accessories and I am starting to understand why I never see another Indian on the road. It's a shame too, I actually really like the bike and I have never been a fan of V-Twin cruisers, but I do enjoy riding this bike very much. But with this total neglect of it's customers, I'm not sure I want to support them anymore.

Just needed to rant for a moment.
Rob
Wait till the new Chiefs start to rear its ugly demons. Like electronic glitches, Ride Command issues, stalling, cel codes thats not even listed anywhere and tuning gremlins. The dealers are going to have an even bigger backlog problems.

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
Rule of thumb: The more electrical components ya put into the system,the easier it is to stop up the pipes,or electrical system in this case!! lol lol lol

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Indian Vintage, 2019 Indian FTR-RR, 1977 Yamaha XS750
308 Posts
I now have 850 miles on my Chief Bobber Dark Horse. So far - Nothing but total satisfaction and fun.
I have not had a single glitch with the new Ride Command system. It is playing nice with my 2020 I-phone SE and Sena 20S EVO. The charging port is in a little bit of an odd position but I made it work. The I-phone can connect to to the Ride Command by blue tooth or USB to lightning cable. The engine and electrical system are working perfectly. (The 111, 116 mills seem very reliable. I have the 111 in my Vintage and 116 in my Chief) Fit and finish seem very good. The 500 mile service was very reasonable at $116. Bottom Line - So far So good. A final thought - Everyone who sees the bike loves it. Even Harley riders take a long hard look!
3A8FB9E7-9828-4101-A99E-23B2119328C1.jpeg
4EFBE521-89CE-40B0-A501-F2B97B330592.jpeg

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would love this option. It seems most of the Indy shops around here don't work on Indian.
I think that will start changing over the next few years. V-Twin Harley oriented shops are a dime a dozen but I think they have been watching Polaris wondering if they are really going to stick it out with Indian because of what happened with Victory. I have a few friends at Indy shops that dont work on Indians yet and that is why they havent invested in the tools and training but their attitudes are changing as they are watching the sales numbers and the introduction of new models. Some of them are also intimidated by new technology you always know who they are because they deflect with "Indian is a just a copy, they are cheap, blah blah) when really they scared!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Luckily I have an awesome indy I have been going to since 2005. Works on Indians, is a better mechanic and charges $65 per hour as opposed to the dealerships $90.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts