Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,219 Posts
lets be fair now,Two or three dealers dont represent all of the dealers. Ive vistied many dealers right across the USA and i couldnt find them more helpful. They all got me rolling out and back on the road same day. ( But Im always prepared to book a hotel just in case and make an alternative plan.) Ive not been at a"bad" dealership yet . Staff always very courteous. Ive seen some customers arent always patient, and start nutting up in the customer lounges etc, but gee give the mechanics a chance. I use the time to refresh myself get a coffee , a local food shop within walking distance, passes the time and relax, Maybe take a short nap under the sunglasses. Thats after I browsed through the Indian apparel in stock and and accessories on display. Always buy something .

Reactions: R993

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I called the dealership in annapolis and was able to schedule a appointment for both of my bikes for the same day They were able to set me up for the day I wanted about a week and a half out. 1 for 500 mile service and the other for the shifter light service bulletin.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I hear your brother you’re just gonna have to be patient this is been one hell of a past year and you don’t know any of the circumstances behind the dealerships. You do know that you got a great product that will eventually get taken care of keep on Tryon I’m sure one of the dealerships will re-contact you. Now if you lived in California I’d sayYou should go to Hollister indian. It’s all about customer service because they do represent the company I do believe that should be a standardization of how they deal with the service department whether you go to one Indian store or another but that’s just me take care and stay safe and enjoy your ride

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have been to Hernley's in Elizabethtown several times the last couple of weeks. I recall the owner sitting at the other sales desk returning calls from what I could hear. Last time I was there the owner was turning wrenches because a mechanic had called out. Their inventory is very low. I think they are completely inundated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I also live in Eastern Pennsylvania. I used to use Indian of Allentown for my service needs. I really liked that dealership but unfortunately they closed a few years ago. Since then I've been going to Best Line Indian of Muncy. I can't say enough how well I've been treated there. North American Warhorse Indian is a bit closer but I feel more at ease going to Muncy.
I am sorry you are having issues. I'd try those dealerships again.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I live in Eastern PA and there are only 3 dealers near me. The closest is an hour away and the farthest is 1.5 hours away. I have a 2015 Chief that needs several recalls done and I want some new tires put on it for the season. I have called all 3 of them multiple times requesting to set up an appointment for the services I require. Not one of them has ever returned my phone calls. In the course of 3 weeks I have called each one 6 times (twice a week) and left messages. The one dealer actually answered one time when I called and said that they needed the service manager to call me back to setup the appointment and took all my information....never called me back. I have been dealing with motorcycle dealerships for decades and have never been so poorly treated. It seems as though Polaris needs to do something here. They don't have near the dealer network of other brands and if this is how they treat customers, they won't be building Indians for long. I am seriously considering getting rid of this bike now, just for this reason. Why help a company that won't help their customers. Add to that the ridiculous price of their parts and accessories and I am starting to understand why I never see another Indian on the road. It's a shame too, I actually really like the bike and I have never been a fan of V-Twin cruisers, but I do enjoy riding this bike very much. But with this total neglect of it's customers, I'm not sure I want to support them anymore.

Just needed to rant for a moment.
Rob
Is Cosmos one of the three?I bought my Chieftain there and have had no trouble scheduling.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm lucky to live in S/W Florida and have an excellent Indian dealer nearby. I have purchased and serviced two Indian motorcycles from Stu's Motorcycles in Ft.Myers, FL. It's a shame that you are not getting the quality service you require. I would personally contact the owners of the businesses you mention and express my disappointment. I would also contact Polaris. I have found that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep your Indian!
Isn't Stu's a Ride Now dealership?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
When I was at Stu’s in Ft Myers about two weeks ago they had bikes that were for rent. I know I seen two Indians setting outside with a sign that said “ Rent Me”. I can‘t remember what model they were.

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I was at Stu’s in Ft Myers about two weeks ago they had bikes that were for rent. I know I seen two Indians setting outside with a sign that said “ Rent Me”. I can‘t remember what model they were.
They rent all models except FTR

·
Rider
510 Posts
Polaris only knows about bad dealers if you let Polaris know directly. Most customers never do anything about bad service and that's why it continues. Contact Polaris and tell them about how no dealer will do your recalls and that will raise attention since recalls are potential liability issues.

Another issue a lot of dealers especially small ones face, is quality mechanics. Many leave and go independent.
This is all very true. OP definitely needs to get in touch with Indian if he is having this much trouble, especially with recalls, that's an issue.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I think the major issue is that most dealerships are owned by people who have owned other brand motorcycle dealerships in the past, during the times when people were lining up outside the doors demanding to be allowed to buy new bikes and would put up with any indignity just for the chance to give their money away. They bought into Indian expecting it to be the next great thing that folks would be in extreme demand, and don't understand that things have changed and they actually need to try to make and keep customers happy now. It's sad really.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think the major issue is that most dealerships are owned by people who have owned other brand motorcycle dealerships in the past, during the times when people were lining up outside the doors demanding to be allowed to buy new bikes and would put up with any indignity just for the chance to give their money away. They bought into Indian expecting it to be the next great thing that folks would be in extreme demand, and don't understand that things have changed and they actually need to try to make and keep customers happy now. It's sad really.
All of my local dealers have very little stock. Demand seems to be very high right now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that I live in western NY and have had great service at Maddies In Dansville, they also have 2nd dealership so I’ve got several in less than an hr.
No way in HELL you got good service from those assholes. My bike was there twice and never fixed and took them 3 weeks NOT to fix it. DO NOT go to Maddies. The other guy is right, their bread and butter is ATVs and snowmobiles. I love the way my bike rides, but this will be my last Indian. Good thing I am a competent mechanic or else my bike wouldn't be running at all.

·
Registered
216 Posts
WOW!!!!!

Reading this gives me flashbacks to the days when I owned Victory and these threads were all over the Vic boards. Some dealers were great and some were horrible. Let's see here!!! Victory had these issues. Indian has these issues. Sounds like it is a Polaris thing more than anything else. Would Ford or GM stand for this from their dealers?

I got a nail in my tire a week before MB bike week years ago (Victory Cross Roads) and you would not believe the event it turned into. Because of the cast aluminum frame and the bike had to be cold to get the correct tension on the belt. Some indy shops would not touch it because of that. Victory/Polaris dealer was backed up trying to make a ATV show and event and with all the customers wanting service, they told me 5 plus weeks to get a tire put on. And BTW, I was quoted almost $400 for a 180 size tire and installation. The same Metzeler tire was purchased at the Honda shop for much less than $200.so it was not like they were not making a profit on me.

Now, I got an INDY 40 minutes away that used to work at the Victory and Harley dealer for years. However, it is Cash or check only!!! Dealers are now for warranty work and nothing more.

Final foot note: The first year of Indian I owned Victorys and this was after the tire event. I was doing the demo rides at Daytona Bike Week and the CEO of Indian was there holding court with a bunch of Harley guys and others bragging about the full warranty coverage of the new Indian brand. It was all I could do to bite my tongue. Warranty on paper is well and fine---just get somebody to do the work!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Eastern PA and there are only 3 dealers near me. The closest is an hour away and the farthest is 1.5 hours away. I have a 2015 Chief that needs several recalls done and I want some new tires put on it for the season. I have called all 3 of them multiple times requesting to set up an appointment for the services I require. Not one of them has ever returned my phone calls. In the course of 3 weeks I have called each one 6 times (twice a week) and left messages. The one dealer actually answered one time when I called and said that they needed the service manager to call me back to setup the appointment and took all my information....never called me back. I have been dealing with motorcycle dealerships for decades and have never been so poorly treated. It seems as though Polaris needs to do something here. They don't have near the dealer network of other brands and if this is how they treat customers, they won't be building Indians for long. I am seriously considering getting rid of this bike now, just for this reason. Why help a company that won't help their customers. Add to that the ridiculous price of their parts and accessories and I am starting to understand why I never see another Indian on the road. It's a shame too, I actually really like the bike and I have never been a fan of V-Twin cruisers, but I do enjoy riding this bike very much. But with this total neglect of it's customers, I'm not sure I want to support them anymore.

Rob
Definitely email this exact post to Indian, good luck I couldn’t seem to find any contact info above the dealer level where your problem seems to be

·
Registered
17 Posts

Rob
I feel you on this one, I too had bad experience with Indian in the same area with the same dealers. I can not recommend them unfortunately and it is also what pushed me away from the brand in addition to terrible market values at time of trade in. I also agree that these dealers are not grasping what is at stake with the brand and it makes you feel like Polaris just wanted to dip into the money pot by a rebranding/shift from the Victory motorcycles to the “premium” Indian motorcycle brand. Love the product and the nostalgia but they have a lot of work to do on the dealer front in my opinion.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Rob
I go straight to the top when shit like that happens

·
Registered
1 Posts
41 - 60 of 118 Posts