Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver member
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is a vast improvement in Indian's catalogue. The ability to order your color for the part you need. No more surfing the catalogue and not being able to find your bike color choice or at least now we can find the paint code and match it... Or you can just order it. I'm sure there are a few colors missing, but this certainly helps. Personally, I would like to just get parts the old school way primed and ready for paint and do my own thing. But still an improvement and a smart one after six years of color changes...

upload_2019-9-12_20-43-5.png

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
I think this is a vast improvement in Indian's catalogue. The ability to order your color for the part you need. No more surfing the catalogue and not being able to find your bike color choice or at least now we can find the paint code and match it... Or you can just order it. I'm sure there are a few colors missing, but this certainly helps. Personally, I would like to just get parts the old school way primed and ready for paint and do my own thing. But still an improvement and a smart one after six years of color changes...

View attachment 526418
It was inevitable, especially in light if all the color additions the last 2-3 years. Otherwise buyers would be leery of that special color that may only last a year or so, like the new Ruby Smoke. They had to do something now that the brand has grow such large offshoots.

·
Bronze member
3,650 Posts

View attachment 526418

Also there is all the secret paint codes out in the open

·
Bronze member
3,650 Posts

View attachment 526418

Is this from the website or dealer catalog.

·
Silver member
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
catalogue

Reactions: Baron58

·
Bronze member
3,650 Posts
but who makes the paint? and they used to offer all in primer..

Depending on the paint code it refers to base coat top coat and clear code especially for the finishes with sparkle, etc. Most professional paint suppliers in the auto industry can match it if they have the paint codes.

·
Bronze member
3,049 Posts
ok I'll check it out with my local body shop.. he said he could match just buy doing some reading on the paint with a gadget of his.. I'll see if he can actually find the paint... he does a lot of hot rods so if he can he should be able to

1 - 9 of 9 Posts