Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span>Well did the test ride this morning on the Classic, all I got to say is SMOOTH like the fact you can drive in 6th gear at 65/70 KMs with no lugging of engine then give it some throttle and away you go. Would have been nice to get on highway but no go. Handled nice lots of low end power, like the sound. Mike your right it's not a Victory, These are two different bikes, But I am impressed with the product they produced for first model, Would I buy well based on this short ride, I say yes, would I give up my CCT to own one NO. Would of had to wait till 3 this afternoon to test the Chieftain so didn't wait. Mite give up my 08 KP though. </span>
<span>Regards </span>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2342 said:
<span>Well did the test ride this morning on the Classic, all I got to say is SMOOTH like the fact you can drive in 6th gear at 65/70 KMs with no lugging of engine then give it some throttle and away you go. Would have been nice to get on highway but no go. Handled nice lots of low end power, like the sound. Mike your right it's not a Victory, These are two different bikes, But I am impressed with the product they produced for first model, Would I buy well based on this short ride, I say yes, would I give up my CCT to own one NO. Would of had to wait till 3 this afternoon to test the Chieftain so didn't wait. Mite give up my 08 KP though. </span>
<span>Regards </span>
You should have waited to ride the Chieftain. It feels a little different than the Chief and Vintage. especially with the first stage kit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was thinking about it but it was a three hour wait, the bikes on this test ride were all stock rides no stage one set ups
Regards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2342 said:
<span>Regards </span>
Glad you got out Mike, i'm still thinking about going back tomorrow to drool some more.
Your are right, all demo bikes were stock, I was there thursday and none on the truck had stage one, I was hoping to hear one but now i'll have to wait for mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big guy, I hope you get yours soon because this is a dream that we all have, I just flipped a coin and went with the CCT but I can say this bike is as good as it gets or at least the one I drove. I am not regreting going with the CCT but I can see anyone loving to have one of these bikes. It can only get better in years to come and when we are both old men we will both be driving a dream weather it's and Indian or a Victory, or both.
Regards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I was impressed too but like you Mike, I'm not ready to give up my Vision.
A couple of observations, my feet had less room to move around than on my Vision. The left floor board gives up space to the primary drive housing. Not sure that highway pegs would help me, due to my size. Found the windshield too tall, had to look through it and after seeing the Chieftain in person I've convinced myself that my first impression was right . I just don't like the looks of that fairingf at all. Windfshield included. But that's just me.
I do like the bikes though. I really like the feel of the transition and the pull of that motor, very nice. But that King Mountain Dark Horse in the show room, wow!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2342 said:
Big guy, I hope you get yours soon because this is a dream that we all have, I just flipped a coin and went with the CCT but I can say this bike is as good as it gets or at least the one I drove. I am not regreting going with the CCT but I can see anyone loving to have one of these bikes. It can only get better in years to come and when we are both old men we will both be driving a dream weather it's and Indian or a Victory, or both.
Regards
I've already decided this Vintage will be my last bike, hell i'm starting to look for a sidecar now for when i'm old to help me keep her upright, lol.
Sucks that i've lost so many good riding days while i'm waiting but knowing i'll have her in the garage waiting for spring will be worth it.
I'm already planning my ride to Sturgis next year ( the week before the rally )

That ride I had on Thursday really sealed it for me, I know now I made the right choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts