Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I would be interested in getting the Indian Chief Vintage, but I would like a black bike and black leathers. I tried to build one online, but I noticed that it only showed the tanned/brown leather. Does anyone know if you can get this model with black leather?

·
Registered
723 Posts
They offered them in 2013. You had a choice of tan or black. For some reason they only offer tan in 2014.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's a bummer. I guess I could just get the Classic and add the black bags, but they don't seem to be the same style as the Vintage bags.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
The '14 Vintage is tan leather only from the factory. Likewise, the Classic and Chieftain are black leather only.??

That policy seems a bit rigid. I was previously considering a Classic but wanted tan seats and bags but was stifled by "the man" and his tyrannical reign. LOL

·
Founding member
991 Posts
The black bags are not quite the same but still look great. I almost bought a blue Classic set up like a Vintage with black bags, etc.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got mine from US Saddlebag Co. Total cost with brackets about $775 Good thing about them is you can mount the passenger backrest. I don't know if the others do that. You can put locks on them also. Super heavy duty.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got an Indian Vintage (red) with black leather no problem at my dealer in Latrobe, Pa. I did not want the brown leather either. It was on his showroom floor. In my opinion looks awesome.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Any dealer?

I had to purchase tan leather for my Classic, my dealer wasn't interested in swapping/trading seats nor are they interested in buying the black seats from me. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes they do. I bought a black Vintage with Black Leather in Leesburg, FL, but when I went to pick it up they had just been delivered a red Vintage wtih tan leather and I quickly changed my mind for the red one.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey...for those with the tan (fading) seats that want to switch to Black stock seats, I have a brand-new set of Black leather seats for sale to the highest bidder. I wanted to go with a solo seat and selected a Mustang saddle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts