1,225 Posts
Here's what mine looks like with the OEM Solo Saddle:

BD

Reactions: Elbohead

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Good Morning,

Great bike. It is really hard to tell by the photo if our rack will fit or not. We do not have a corbin seat to test in house. I think you're in the right place to talk over in the forum whether or not anyone else has been able to make this work. I'm sorry I am not able to be more helpful to you than that! Please let us know if you find anything out. Thank you! -Bernadette

·
Registered
241 Posts
We would be happy to make a flat version for you at the same cost.
I have the flat rack for my Springfield( Christmas gift) now, if you would manufacture a decent and affordable trunk with detachable quick release that would be great. Perhaps something that would hold 20/25 pounds,like the Givi brand trunks. Something designed for your racks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good Morning!

Thank you for your message. You are right about the tight fit with the corbin saddle. We do sometimes work with customers to customize racks, but usually only when it's something we can make production when there is enough demand.

We have model MWL-630-FLAT (Indian Chieftain, Roadmaster, & Springfield Luggage Rack - FLAT) which is specifically made to fit the Chieftan, but we don't know the seat configuration to be able to tell you for sure if it will fit. If you can send us pictures of your bike and maybe even measurements, we can possibly give you a better answer as to whether or not it might fit.

Thanks again,
Bernadette - Motherwell Products
Thank you for the quick response. I will take measures as soon as my bike is back from the mechanic and get back to you.
Michel

·
Bronze member
1,184 Posts
Just ordered a new Motherwell flat rack for my Springfield as it is now showing as "in stock" on the web site. Fingers crossed... Will post my thoughts when it arrives and is installed.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts