Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I thought maybe I should post my finished project since you guys helped with the few questions that I had while working on this project. Back story is, I bought this Indian Chief that was totalled in an accident (I have done this several times in the past with great success), and proceeded to rebuild it and get it back on the road. When I buy a totalled bike, I make sure first and foremost there is no frame damage. As long as the frame is okay, I can fix everything else. So this bike had a good frame and the engine started right up and ran great. Bike only had 500 miles on it when it was totalled. It's a 2015 Indian Chief, and I built it the way I wanted it be when finished. I ended up with a great bike, at a fraction of the cost. I added fully functional hardbags, and Roadmaster wheels (not more tubes to deal with). Bike needed a complete from end, and a lot of cosmetic work. Hope you like the pics and thanks to those who helped with questions throughout the project.

Rob

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had it out a few times and it rides great. At first I wasn't sure if I would like the high bars as I've never had a bike with them on, but so far I really like riding the bike with them.

Thanks for the compliments. Now, I have to get back to finishing restoring my 1962 Triumph Bonneville.

Rob

·
Rider
973 Posts
Very good job, it's a beautiful Chief in my favorite color, really like the changes you made! (Kinda biased, it's same color as my Chieftain)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts