Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let’s see.
First I would like to thank Gary and Nathan at Peak Powersports Burlington for all their help in brokering this deal and making my long time dream come true.

The bike is a rolling piece of art. Fit and Finish are second to none.
The mechanic commented on how he loved the smell of it. All that leather. Odd for a bike to have a new car smell.

The 105 is a strong engine and pulls hard through all gears.

Baker transmission is a dream. No crunch No bang. Just confident shifting

She rolls down the pavement like a Buick Road master and passes without downshifting.

Ergonomics are great for me. This bike is designed for the tall rider.

At a stop with your feet down the boards do not interfere at all they are well forward of your legs.

The Brembo brakes are more than sufficient to stop this machine although the rear wheel will lock up readily if you are too aggressive with them.

It runs Metzler 880 radial tires on sealed spoked rims. (no tubes)

Handling is quick and responsive, crossing three lanes in a blink. Almost too fast to enjoy it.
With a 6 inch ground clearance she does ride tall and may be an issue on wet pavement.

This machine is definitely not for everyone as it lacks all the electronic gizmos and creature comforts. No lower protection, Radio, Heated this and that etc.
It would definitely be a challenge for shorter riders being quite a reach to the bars and foot controls being well forward.
There is a neutral but no 6th gear indicator.
The windshield is tall but looking through it poses no problem as there is no distortion what so ever. Again a heavy rain may alter my opinion on that and if so will have it cut down by an inch or so.
This machine is basic motorcycling at its finest.
My eldest Daughter had the greatest compliment on seeing a picture of it tonight. She said Dad I love the new bike, it's very cool and vintage, If you were a motorcycle this bike would be you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's something like this that does nothing but raise my expectations for indian after polaris gets to rolling full tilt with it. I adore victory don't get me wrong, but coming from a harley background, I still love the classic looks and Indian was always one to outclass harley. Please polaris, don't botch this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just looking at it you cant say a bad thing about it. Really one of the best looking bike I have seen. The color is perfect as well. enjoy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bob,
<pre>What a fine looking ride. Just knowing someone who owns one makes it look even better.
With all air clearance around those cylinders, no Roasted Legs there.
All joking aside, Gorgeous looking ride.
Enjoy the ride, 'Geronimo'.
Alan</pre>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see that you've already added the passenger seat, backrest, and the little luggage bag for your sweetheart.
Good move.

How do you like that big heavy key they give you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4360 said:
I see that you've already added the passenger seat, backrest, and the little luggage bag for your sweetheart.
Good move.

How do you like that big heavy key they give you?
The bag on the back is actually the fork bag I just tied it there to get it home. Front fender ,leverand board trim are also on order.
Love the key and the paperwieght too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There was a bike just like yours at my dealership getting serviced and I spent a good hour drooling over it. That bike even had fringes on the floorboards and so much chrome it was blinding.
There's something about an Indian that simply requires fine handcrafted leather with fringes all around.
They always seem to look better after the leather has been subjected to some foul weather. Adds charactor to the bike.
Enjoy your dream bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gorgeous Motorcycle Bobby !
While the colors are a bit loud for me, they go perfectly with the style of the bike. These newer Indians are truly a work of art.
You said something that I agreed with, but it made me think:
'<span>This machine is basic motorcycling at its finest.'</span>
<span>When I realized why that caught my attention I laughed out loud. Less than ten years ago, I would have said a bike with rear shocks, skirted fenders, windshield, bags, passenger seat/backrest, and floorboards was a Cadillac and designed for cross country riding. Funny how far I've come in what I think of as 'BASIC,' since buying a touring bike.</span>
<span>BTW, I have seen what the brown leather looks like after a few years of riding, weather, and sun. It looks great! like a well worn leather jacket. If anything, time makes the bike look even more Vintage</span>
<span>Congrats!</span>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beautiful Indian BobbyG! How ironic though, my brother was showing me your bike on the indian web site a while back and stated 'that's my next bike, my dream bike!'. Good luck and congrats buddy!
Be safe
Cap

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You just had to say this bike was built for tall riders...... Will they take my lawnmower and snowblower in on trade, I'm just drooling now.
Glad you made it home dry.

Great looking bike, and I can't wait to see it in person.

p.s. I still have the pink and white handlebar streamers for you

1 - 20 of 57 Posts