Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my first new motorcycle 3 days ago. Rode home From Green Bay Wi. to Milwaukee. 130 miles in the rain no windshield. Ran great but got real dirty. My wife wanted Chieftain but I prefer the basic version. Most of my riding is around town. Had dealer install Beach Bars And love them! wider and lower than stock bars. I don't want saddlebags to cover Back Fender. My Other bikes are a 1977 FLH Bagger, 1982 Honda FT500 Ascot, and a 1973 BSA B500MX. My first bike was a 1967 BSA Lightning for $450 also a 1973 Triumph 750 Tiger for $550 But enough about the past. I am surrounded by HDs here and like to be different. Hopefully there will be a dealer in Milwaukee area someday. Nearest dealer is Madison 85 miles away. After riding a AMF Grandpa-Glide for 20 years talk about a shock! Did the demo ride twice. Also Victory's and Goldwing. But the Indian oozes style. Best looking motorcycle on the planet.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Good luck with the new ride. I'm heading down to local dealer next week to order a vintage, need the saddle bags. I was thinking about the beach bars but heard that they were cramped for riders over 6 ft. what's your thought, I love the way the look.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Our tastes run along the same lines.....

I did have some bags built and did a windshield, because there are times I will be taking trips and I'm always running to the store and the racquetball court, so I see bags as a necessity......

The windshield will "come and go" and I always ride solo (my wife rides her own Victory) so I don't need a back seat.......

I've done pullbacks, drivers backrest and bag, all chrome hardware, Kuryakyn floorboards, customized brake pedal, shift pedal, 3m paint defender, solo luggage rack, custom license plate holder and some other small things, but, I've got it pretty much the way I want it, with 900 miles since delivery in January.......

I love the bike, not one moments trouble...........and lots of "yes, it's an Indian" as I ride a little here and there..........

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts