Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone Ive seen so many opinions and debates but yet I haven’t made up my mind yet

so I want to upgrade my very stock 111 engine on my 017 chief dark horse but there’s so fluffing out there that confused me the question is what is the best performance-kit out there

Keep the 111 and upgrade my cams to oem or Lloyd’s

Pull the trigger and go oem 116

Or give Lloyd a chance and try their 121

Or even go wilder and install the supercharged Lloyd turbo kit for the 111...

And of curse I’m going to upgrade my intake and pipe system and get me a programmer “

For the intake I’m thinking of aerl sucking monster
Pipes truedual shark tail by freedom performance

No idea which fuel programmer is the best out there

I’d care about the cost but if the performance “speed & torque “ is noticeable I would definitely spend the juice on her...

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's your money, but it's always going to be a 900lb cruiser. Mines pretty stock and it goes alright, stops alright, handles alright. Some more power would always be nice, a fuel controller, intake mod and a set of pipes should be pretty good. Really just the louder pipes make any bike feel a little faster lol.:D but the reality is no matter how much money that you pour into the engine, a bone stock ZX14 is gonna smoke ya. And a nice used one of those can be had for like $6,000. So speed and torque is all kind of relative. But a big Kawasaki four is just a whole different animal.
On the other hand a Turbo Chief 111 sounds like a lot of fun. Yes indeedy.

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
Don't waste your time. Spend money on looks and sound. Forget excessive money for very little performance gain that doesn't matter anyway.

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
738 Posts
if money is no object. do the biggest kit and turbo you can. or be smart with your money and buy a Rocket 3 or Diavel or Vmax or any other bike that is actually made to go fast lol.

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
Go for lioyds ,there is a evo sportster up here smoking the metric 4 cylinders on the 1/8 mile track.smoked my vic as well.you can get good power out of a twin.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Best performance upgrades? Lose some weight and learn to ride better.:)

I have to laugh when you see huge guys on bikes telling you about how their new exhaust or other accessories has shaved off a few pounds in weight and now their bike will be quicker, but you weigh 300lbs I think. Or you have a 200 mph bike but lack the skills to ride it anywhere near its capabilities, so it's wasted.

Unless your in a drag race i'm not convinced the Indian needs big performance upgrades, maybe some tuning to smooth it out, but its a cruiser for cruising not a performance machine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put in Lloyds 585's with new Springs... wasn't cheap but my bike is running 110hp/130tq. I paired that upgrade with a 2-1 side exhaust and a quick shifter... Problem I have now is clutch slippage so a Barnett will be going in (Maybe at Bike week in Daytona, whilst i'm there). A buddy put a 124 in his M8 Street Glide Special and I can keep up with that no problem.

·
Registered
335 Posts
JMO, but if you go with cams and adding cubic inches, you're wasting your time and money if you don't go with a 2-1 exhaust.

·
Rider
943 Posts
He asked about performance mods not what you think about spending money on something you think is a waste of time. If he wants a twin to go faster and he wants to spend the money give him respect and answer him. If money is no object the biggest kit you can get with a turbo. Talk to Llyod's and get a professional opinion and make an educated decision and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
335 Posts
He asked about performance mods not what you think about spending money on something you think is a waste of time. If he wants a twin to go faster and he wants to spend the money give him respect and answer him. If money is no object the biggest kit you can get with a turbo. Talk to Llyod's and get a professional opinion and make an educated decision and enjoy the ride.
My response was to his thoughts about adding the true duals (like I have) in addition to his performance mods, which would add to his cost if he wants to add a performance pipe. And I honestly couldn't give a rat's ass what you think.

·
Rider
943 Posts
My response was to his thoughts about adding the true duals (like I have) in addition to his performance mods, which would add to his cost if he wants to add a performance pipe. And I honestly couldn't give a rat's ass what you think.
Awesome Buck55 true colors right there, then that post was not aimed at you now was it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts