Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exhaust is pretty quiet so wanting to remove some packing to increase sound. Baffle is held in place by what I thought were Torx security screws but I cant find one that fits. Short of trying to cut them off has anyone else attempted this and had luck pulling these baffles?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I posted this also in the Indian Challenger Group on the Facebooks. There is a sound clip there also. I actually reversed mine which I think looks better and since this picture, removed the Indian badges. Little rant, I don't know why a bike needs 20 some odd labels on it. I know I am on an Indian...

There are 2 sets of screws. The rearward ones are a 6mm allen. Pretty straight forward. The side screws and one holding the dB reducer are a special tool but used I believe a T25 torx, It is not an exact fit so you do have to tap it in. Put the muffler on something soft while doing this so as to not damage it. Then carefully back the screws out. Thought they were loctited in. Once I removed the special screws, you do not need them anymore. File accordingly. Also, if you are going to reverse the baffles, I did get a 1/2" longer screw. If you need more info let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure if this will take you to this video, he has stage 1 slip ons, used a dremel to cut a slot for a flat blade screw driver to back out the bolts and take the baffles out to unwrap them

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I have the Torx security bit but dont find it fitting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts