Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Indian Challenger
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I snagged the Indian Stage 1 Slip Ons for my Base 2021 Challenger, however, I'm having a hard time locating the website to download the updated calibration. What am I missing?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,588 Posts
If you can get the stage one with slip ons, do it. The flash is worth it from what others have shared. I started on my bike with the stage 1 so I can't directly comment on the difference.

·
Registered
2021 Indian Challenger
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you want, I am offering a Calibration card /code for sale in the classifieds. Never used because I have a PV3 tuner.
I have the calibration card that came in the box, just have to remember to bring it with me when I take it in for service next.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My local dealer wanted 2hrs labor to install and flash the Challenger air cleaner the day I was signing papers on the Challenger. I told them no thanks and I’ll install it myself and buy my $2k in accessories elsewhere. Friggin jackasses. In twelve months they sold me 2 new bikes and my broth-in-law 1 As well after I drug him in there. Thats my last purchase there.

After thinking about my situation on the air cleaner, I have decided since I would have to pay another dealer two hours labor I would just buy the Power Commander 5 which was on sale for $319 a couple weeks ago at Fuel Moto so the dealer wouldn’t need to flash the bike. Then I could install the Aircleaner and the PCV myself. I’ve watched it on YouTube and it’s not difficult.

I installed my new KMC handlebars with Kuryakyn grips last weekend with YouTube too!

·
Registered
2021 Indian Challenger
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My local dealer wanted 2hrs labor to install and flash the Challenger air cleaner the day I was signing papers on the Challenger. I told them no thanks and I’ll install it myself and buy my $2k in accessories elsewhere. Friggin jackasses. In twelve months they sold me 2 new bikes and my broth-in-law 1 As well after I drug him in there. Thats my last purchase there.

After thinking about my situation on the air cleaner, I have decided since I would have to pay another dealer two hours labor I would just buy the Power Commander 5 which was on sale for $319 a couple weeks ago at Fuel Moto so the dealer wouldn’t need to flash the bike. Then I could install the Aircleaner and the PCV myself. I’ve watched it on YouTube and it’s not difficult.

I installed my new KMC handlebars with Kuryakyn grips last weekend with YouTube too!
I took a look at the directions for the air cleaner and decided it's just not something I want to tackle myself. The bike goes in tomorrow for service (500 Mile) so I'm going to just have them install that and update the calibration while it's there. I'm interested to see if I can notice any difference; just installing the slip-ons the bike sounded much better, but nothing noticeable in the way of a performance increase. I'm hoping that the Intake and Calibration update will provide the improvements I've been hoping for....

·
Bronze member
1,867 Posts
I recently had the stage 1 intake installed when I took my Challenger in to have the throttle bodies synchronized under warranty so the labor charge to install the intake system was reasonable. The biggest thing I noticed is the ride by wire is made a lot more aggressive and the engine does pull harder at the high RPM this is with stock mufflers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts